cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
POgro
Novice

UEFI shell network problem

Hello

I have a problem with connecting to network in UEFI Internal Shell. When I enter ifconfig command i get "Locate protocol error - 'Ip4Config Protocol'" message. I have updated firmware using Intel Galileo Firmware Updater.

Thanks in Advanced.

Regards

Peter

7 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello PiotrOgrodnik,

Are you using the internal image or the SD card image to boot the Galileo board? If you are using an SD card image, which one are you using?

Also, check the output of the following command: cat /sys/firmware/board_data/flash_version. We can check the firmware version with that command. For the firmware version 1.0.4, the output should be 0x01000400.

Regards,

Diego.

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello PiotrOgrodnik,

Do you have any updates? Have you checked the firmware and the image version?

Regards,

Diego.

POgro
Novice

Hello Diego,

Sorry for not answering for so long. I checked the firmware and I have 1.0.4 version. I have SD card image but I'm not using it. When i power on Galileo board I press F7, then I select UEFI Internal Shell option

Then in shell I type ifconfig and I get "Ifconfig: Locate protocol error - 'Ip4Config Protocol'" message

I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Regards

Piotr

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi PiotrOgrodnik,

You don't have to enter in UEFI Internal Shell to configure the network. When the board starts booting simply don't press F7 and leave the booting process be completed. Once the process finishes and you login as root, you will be able to run the ifconfig command.

Regards,

Diego.

POgro
Novice

My problem isn't about connecting Galileo to internet using linux. I want to write program for UEFI that uses network and I need internet connection in UEFI Internal Shell.

Regards,

Piotr

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello PiotrOgrodnik,

Let me investigate about it. As soon as I find additional information I'll post it here.

Regards,

Diego

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi PiotrOgrodnik,

Sorry for the delay. Could you please let me know what the purpose of your project is? I'm asking because I'd like to know if there are certain requirements for the project, and if so can you share more about these requirements?

Regards,

Diego