cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

USB WiFi Detection on runtime.

Hello everyone;

We are currently work with the Intel Galileo rev2 Board. We currently use the Realtek USB dongle for WiFi connection.

We use the hostapd and wpa-supplicant service to handle the WiFi. These both service work fine on bootup time but we are still stuck up for run time support.We want to enable the run-time USB dongle support for WiFi means the service start when USB dongle plug in Galileo board and stop the service on unplug the dongle from Board.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Nikunj_Patel,

We have moved your thread from Wireless to the /community/tech/galileo Intel Galileo Support Community. As this is not an issue with an Intel Wireless Adapter.

Regards,

Carlos A.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Nikunj_Patel,

Were you able to start your WiFi service when the USB dongle plug in? Please let me know in order to help you.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day.

Regards,

-Jose
idata
Community Manager

Hello ;

We are currently use the meta-clanton-1.1.0 based custom image.

We use "systemd" to manage all process.

We have test with "auto wlan0" in etc/network/interfaces.

but issue is not solve.

Thanks in advance.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Nikunj_Patel,

I'm sorry to hear that my last suggestion didn't work. Have you try creating a system service? Please follow this link were it creates one for a blink example only that instead of using the blink code you will write the code to connect to WiFi through your USB dongle, so when the device boots up it will connect automatically to Internet.

Regards,

-Jose
idata
Community Manager

Hi Nikunj_Patel,

Were you able to create a system service in order to connect automatically to Internet when the device boots up? Please let me know in order to help you.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose
idata
Community Manager

Hi Nikunj_Patel,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Galileo Platform.

I would recommend to follow this thread . I think what you are missing is adding "auto wlan0" in the Wireless section "/etc/network/interfaces". Please let me know if this helped you solve your issue.

I will be waiting for your reply. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose