cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VGopa2
New Contributor I

USB interrupt for Edison

Hi,

Is it possible to generate an interrupt on USB plug in on a custom board having Intel Edison compute module? I was unable to set interrupt capability to USB_VBUS line on Edison using the MRAA library. Please help.

regards,

Vinu

6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Vinu,

Thank you for contacting us. We'll try to help out with this case as much as we can.

In regards to the first question, it's not possible to do a USB interruption on the Edison. The USB_VBUS is a standard USB VBUS input and is only used to alert the Edison module that it has been connected to a host port. Could you explain your goal in more detail? If your goal remains the same as in /thread/110593 https://communities.intel.com/thread/110593 then we can continue with support in that thread.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio A

VGopa2
New Contributor I

Ok thanks for the reply. I think i found another way to deal with USB.

idata
Community Manager

You're welcome. Feel free to share your findings with the community.

-Sergio A

VGopa2
New Contributor I

Hi Sergio,

Is there any command to know the reason for Edison wake up from sleep state? I am asking this because our device wakes up due to some unknown reasons. Typically we want Edison to wake up only on a USB plug in or any serial interrupt. Any clues?

thanks,

Vinu

idata
Community Manager

Hi Vinu,

I'm not aware of any command that just outputs the reason why the Edison wakes from sleep. What I'd try in this case is to review the logs that appear on dmesg. Dmesg will print in console messages whenever similar events occur. Maybe you can find information or at least some clues as to why the Edison is waking up when it's not supposed to.

Hopefully you can find this useful.

-Sergio A

VGopa2
New Contributor I

Ok, Thanks Sergio.