(1) Current Kernel is 4.8RC4 Mainline supporting the following:-
Wireless, External SD-Card, Internal MMC, SPI/I2C
(2) Working-in-progress (streamline):-
SPI/DMA, PWM and intel_idle
No Audio, no BT, no PSH - Platform Service Hub aka Quark MCU, SST - Smart Sound Technology for now
(5) Mainline support with device-tree will officially begin from Kernel 4.9
(6) Login as root/password
Please edit /etc/network/interfaces and include your ssid and password within double quotes.
Ap mode is also supported for Ubuntu
(7) Credits to Andy Shevchenko for all the current and future work. His handle in lntel communities is 0andriy
Great job getting Ubuntu to run on the Edison!
I am currently trying to get a custom kernel to run on Edison, but I can't seem to get the 8250 serial console to work on any mainline kernels past 4.6.7. I have also tried using Andy's repository with his i386_defconfig and serial still doesn't work. Any ideas?
Also, I have a couple questions related to your Ubuntu 16.0.4 build:
- Are there changes required to the u-boot environment to successfully boot 4.8-rc4?
- Can you please provide the kernel config that was used to build the 4.8-rc4 kernel?
Hi, Thanks for the Ubuntu 16.04.
When I flash this version to MMC memory, I didn't have any problems.
However, when I flashed it to SD card by following AlexT_Intel's instruction.
The problem I encountered was that I couldn't log in using root/password.
When I enter "root", the system returned error without asking password.
Can you figure that out?
Thanks a lot in advance.