Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhuan30
Beginner

Unable to access F2, F7, F8 and F10

I have an Intel Compute Stick cs125 installed and activated, Win 10 Home.

It is connect to my TV and when my TV is shut down, so is the Stick.

Everything is working as expected.

Except that I am unable to access F2, F7, F8 and F10 at Restart.

Example, I turn on the TV and press on any of the F keys, none of them responds. It just lead me to my Sign in page.

What have I done wrong ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello davidhk129,

I was taking a look at your thread and I noticed that you are experiencing issues when accessing the BIOS of your Intel® Compute Stick.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Diego S.

dhuan30
Beginner

I do not see the "Use advanced editor" option at upper right corner of the response box.

I wonder if this method of attaching will work.........

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Use Advanced Editor is now the default...

idata
Community Manager

Hello davidhk129,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, I was taking a look to the report that you attached to the thread.

I was able to verify that both BIOS and drivers are totally up to date, so I do not really think that the issue is coming from your BIOS.

May I ask, have you tried another keyboard to access F2, F7, F8 and F10? What type of keyboard do you have? Is it a wireless one?

Another way to troubleshoot the issue will be to check if Windows "Fast Startup" mode is enabled on your machine.

On this link you can gather more information regarding this mode:

https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/ https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Please take a look and let us know the outcome.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

dhuan30
Beginner

Keyboard is a new Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard.

I did try an old wireless keyboard. Same result.

Disabled Fast Start. Did not fix anything.

n_scott_pearson

You are remembering that, with the K4xx keyboards, you have to hold down the FN key for the F2, F7, F10, etc. function keys to be accepted, right?

dhuan30
Beginner

I had tried both ways, with FN key + F(x) , and without FN key.

Either way, no go.

n_scott_pearson

If, from Windows, you do a restart, the moment that the screen goes blank, you should start rapidly pressing and releasing the F2 key. This should get you in. Yes, hold down FN key the whole time.

The other option is to power off and then power on, but keep holding down the power button for 3 full seconds. If this doesn't work, try holding it down longer. If it power back off, you've held it down too long.

Hope this helps,

...S

dhuan30
Beginner

the moment that the screen goes blank, you should start rapidly pressing and releasing the F2 key. This should get you in. Yes, hold down FN key the whole time...................

Bingo !

So, I waited too long before pressing FN and F9X) keys.

Thank you very much.