Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAmar2
New Contributor I

Unable to install scipy library in my intel galileo gen2.

Hi friends! After grappling with wifi issues and fixing it for good.Now I cant get "pip" to work on my intel galileo gen 2.I mean I get downright error when I do "pip install scipy". I also get other error i.e "blas library not found" when I do "easy_install scipy". Now my point is,how to install blas and lapack fortran libraries in intel galileo gen 2. I mean for my linux laptop--I did the following to install the above to legendary fortran libraries--

sudo apt-get install libblas-dev checkinstall

sudo apt-get install libblas-doc checkinstall

sudo apt-get install liblapacke-dev checkinstall

sudo apt-get install liblapack-doc checkinstall

sudo apt-get install libatlas-base-dev

How can I do the above for intel galileo gen 2?Or is there a way to install scipy in my intel galileo gen 2?Kindly reply

FGT

intel_corp

6 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi mishra007,

There are a couple of threads about it:

Please share your results in case of being successful, because I don't get a clear idea from those threads, actually (BTW: avoid trying a custom image mentioned in one of those threads).

I'm curious:

a) Why would you need to do numerical processing in Intel Galileo? Please elaborate a bit on your project.

b) Are you sure your Intel Galileo has enough processing power for your numerical tasks?

BR,

Fernando.

AAmar2
New Contributor I

FGT wrote:

Hi mishra007,

There are a couple of threads about it:

/message/367134# 367134 Does anyone install scipy on edison successfully?

/message/378069# 378069 How to install scipy?

/message/298968# 298968 Yocto with Numpy and Scipy

/message/289333# 289333 Scipy on Edison Install error

Please share your results in case of being successful, because I don't get a clear idea from those threads, actually (BTW: avoid trying a custom image mentioned in one of those threads).

I'm curious:

a) Why would you need to do numerical processing in Intel Galileo? Please elaborate a bit on your project.

b) Are you sure your Intel Galileo has enough processing power for your numerical tasks?

BR,

Fernando.

Hi FGT!

I am trying to implement my own python-based autopilot on galileo(the only obstruction at the moment is with respect to finding an appropriate battery!) and hence I thought scipy would be a good addition to have.Besides most of my control algorithm simulation involve the use of scipy library.

idata
Community Manager

Hi mishra007,

Do you still need assistance with this case? Please let us know if you still have questions.

Regards,

-Sergio A

AAmar2
New Contributor I

Intel Corporation wrote:

Hi mishra007,

Do you still need assistance with this case? Please let us know if you still have questions.

Regards,

-Sergio A

Nope I couldnt get it solved because it is showing some SSL certificate error while trying to install scipy.I didnt push harder as I got busy with other tasks.Can you help me get rid of SSL certificate error while trying to install scipy by easy_install scipy method.

idata
Community Manager

Sure, we'll try to help however we can. Could you please send us a screenshot of the SSL error and the steps you did to receive the error so we can try to replicate? You also mention you're using the easy_install scipy method, have you tried to install it using the information found in the links @FGT shared?

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio A

AAmar2
New Contributor I

Intel Corporation wrote:

Sure, we'll try to help however we can. Could you please send us a screenshot of the SSL error and the steps you did to receive the error so we can try to replicate? You also mention you're using the easy_install scipy method, have you tried to install it using the information found in the links @FGT shared?

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio A

Thanks for the reply sergio! I will do it in a couple of hrs and post the screen shot!