Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Unable to run any sketch through Arduino IDE

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am not even able to run the blinky code on my intel Edison board.

I also updated the firmware for Edison board and installed the latest version of Arduino 1.16.10 and still cannot run the program.

I get the following warnings on compilation:

```

Warning: Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC

WARNING: Category '' in library DallasTemperature is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Ethernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library EthernetShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library OneWire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SD is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Servo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareServo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library TimerOne is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library USBHost is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library WiFi is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

Sketch uses 76,331 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 10,000,000 bytes.

```

I get the below error when I try to upload the code

```

Warning: Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC

WARNING: Category '' in library DallasTemperature is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Ethernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library EthernetShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library OneWire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SD is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Servo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareServo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library TimerOne is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library USBHost is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library WiFi is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

Sketch uses 76,331 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 10,000,000 bytes.

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.2+1.0/x86/bin/bash.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)

at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)

at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)

at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:206)

at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)

at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:707)

at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:680)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2176)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:386)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)

... 8 more

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Invalid library found in C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire: C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire

Invalid library found in C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire: C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire

```

Please can you tell me how to debug the same.

Regards,

Parth Desai

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi Parth,

I've never had stability issues with the IDEs downloaded from https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software . As long as they've been installed properly and are set to the correct board and COM port you shouldn't see issues related to stability. The IDEs I use the most are 1.6.5 and 1.6.11. It's good to hear you managed to get the blink example running. Please let us know if you still need assistance with this case.

-Sergio

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

I tried to run the code on Arduino version 1.6.5 r5 and the Blinky program works fine.

May I know the most stable version of Arduino which I can use for development using intel Edison board.

Regards,

Parth Desai

idata
Community Manager

Hi Parth,

I've never had stability issues with the IDEs downloaded from https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software . As long as they've been installed properly and are set to the correct board and COM port you shouldn't see issues related to stability. The IDEs I use the most are 1.6.5 and 1.6.11. It's good to hear you managed to get the blink example running. Please let us know if you still need assistance with this case.

-Sergio

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hello Sergio,

I tried the 1.6.11 prior to trying the 1.6.5 but got the same error. I was browsing through the Arduino forum and found that the most stable version for intel Edison board is 1.6.5 and hence I installed it and am able to run all sketches.

Regards,

-Parth

idata
Community Manager

It's good to hear you're now able to run sketches. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to open a new thread to receive assistance with the community.

-Sergio