Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9872 Discussions

Update Windows 10 on STCK1A32WFC

DBowl1
Beginner

Hi, again. I have the first iteration of the compute stick, and I went through the horrendous experience during the Windows 10 update about a year ago where my stick became a brick. After receiving a replacement stick, I turned off Windows update (by setting my wifi connection to metered) and have lived happily with the version of Windows 10 that came with the replacement stick (Windows 10 Home; Version 10.0; Build 10240). However, I am now ready to update to the latest version (Creators) and need to know what to do. I have just installed the latest BIOS version (FC0035.BIO). What should I do next?! Just update Windows 10 from Microsoft Downloads? Any other steps in-between? Thanks for your input!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hi mistyandmax,

I understand you would like to update Windows® 10 to the latest Creator Update.

I am sorry to hear you had bad experiences while updating the Intel® Compute stick in the past.

Please review the following thread on post# 13, it mentions that there are no issues installing the latest Creator Update. /thread/112957 https://communities.intel.com/thread/112957

Hope this information is helpful.

Allan.