cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Upload Image into cloud using intel galileo

Hello All

I am working on intel galileo board. I have successfully captured image using webcam and I have dumped it into my board. Now I want to send that image into cloud. How can I do that?

In short I want to upload an image into cloud using intel galileo board

If anyone have idea about it then please let me know.

Thanx in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Upload Image into cloud using intel galileo

if you refer to Intel cloud - I think iotkit-agent can send blob data

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

thnx mhahn

I am newbie for cloud computing, I tried a lot but I am not able to send my image data into cloud. I dont know to exact procedure for the same. Can you please explain how to send blob data in to cloud using iotkit-agent?

Highlighted
Novice

How does the iotkit agent communicate with the cloud. I mean are there any functions that automatically sen data form iotkit agent to the cloud? If so, which are those functions? And if there are no such functions, then how does sending of data from iotkit agent to cloud occurs?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor II

There are quite a few options, from using Linux command-line utilities like cURL or wget to writing some code for specific cloud service's API (e.g. Google Drive) or using API aggregation services like temboo.com.

If you're just starting, I'd suggest you to try namely the latter one. It's a commercial service (and I by no means endorse it ) but they have a free level with 1000 API calls and 512MB of data traffic per month. Just recently got to know about it and found it to be really easy to use. You can always try the code first using mini-IDEs on their web site, make sure it works and only then get down to your device.

Then after you feel comfortable with all this stuff, you can migrate your application off Temboo to using respective service APIs directly and get rid of the free calls/traffic limitation.

Highlighted
Novice

I have a sketch written and uploaded in Galileo board. The Galileo board has iotkit agent and is registered on the cloud. What I actually want to know is how will the observations flow from the Galileo board to the cloud?

Highlighted

https://github.com/enableiot/iotkit-samples enableiot/iotkit-samples · GitHub comes with some documentation and also with an Arduino sample

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I have been through this documnet. It doesnot specify what happens behind those commnads (like register, observation). The commands provide an abstraction to communicate with the cloud. I am interested in knowing what actually it is that is being abstracted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@krish_22:

if you plan using the Intel cloud (dashboard.us.enableiot.com) some rough info on data types available directly on the cloud:

- go to "My Account" -> "Catalog"

- select "Add New Catalog Item"

this shows you a list of supported data types. You might have to uuencode blob data.

But I haven't tested on BLOBs

Janki:

if you start iotkit-agent on a shell it's quite verbatim so you should get an idea on what's going on

0 Kudos