Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKenn2
Beginner

Using Processing with Edison

I would like to use Processing 3.0 (processing.org) with the Edison. How would I do this?

- create processing sketches on Windows 10 and export the application to the Edison

- install Processing on the Edison . . . . Browser needed for download?

Also, I read somewhere that a browser is installed on the Edison version of Linux . . . how is this started?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Ken

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Reefhermit,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Edison Platform.

I would recommend to use the Arduino IDE, follow this tutorial to see how to connect Processing to your Arduino IDE: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/connecting-arduino-to-processing Connecting Arduino to Processing - learn.sparkfun.com .

Then follow this guide to connect the Arduino IDE with the Intel Edison: https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-arduino IoT - Arduino* IDE Getting Started Guide | Intel® Software .

I hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
KKenn2
Beginner

Thank you for you prompt reply Jose.

I do not want to use the Arduino hardware. I want my project (created in Processing) to run on the Edison. Any additional help from Intel I can get to this end would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ken,

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, you don't need any "Arduino hardware". The Arduino IDE is a software where you can write code and then upload it to the Edison.

I have worked with Processing before and using it with Arduino IDE is really useful.

I hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
KKenn2
Beginner

Jose

The Sparkfun guide you reference is a discussion, as far as I can see, regarding the connection of an Arduino board to a Processing sketch via a serial connection. maybe I am missing something?

Ken

idata
Community Manager

Hi Reefhermit,

Yes you are right! I only provide you that guide as a reference, so you can learn how to communicate Processing with the Arduino IDE.

Unfortunately there is no step by step guide on how to use Processing with the Intel Edison.

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.