cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Using xsens imu from usb

Hello,

I'm using an intel edison with an arduino expansion board to connect a xsens mti sensor through the USB port, but when I do ls /dev/tty* the device is not present. Then I do a lsusb and it is present but no driver is associated.

I yet build a custom kernel (using menuconfig) to embedded the xsens motion control driver, but does not work.

Has anyone experienced similar problem?

Thank's

Rafael

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for contacting us!

I'll try to help you with that, in order to give you a better assistance I would like to know the detailed steps you followed in order to modify the kernel.

I'll be waiting your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Yermi,

I followed these steps:

Download last source files from intel site (ww25.5), extract and configure bitbake directories, run ./meta-intel-edison/setup.bashEdit the paho-mqtt_3.1.bb file to change the SRC_URI variable$bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfigDevice Drivers > USB support > USB Serial Converter support > Xsens motion tracker serial interface driver (M)Save the .config file and copy the changes from tmp/work/edison-poky-linux/linux-yocto/3.10.17-r0/linux-edison-standard-build/.config to tmp/work/edison-poky-linux/linux-yocto/3.10.17-r0/linux/arch/x86/configs/i386_edison_defconfig$ bitbake virtual/kernel -c configure -f -v$ bitbake edison-imageEdit meta-intel-edison/utils/create-debian-image.sh with these changes:build_dir=$top_repo_dir/build to build_dir=$top_repo_dir/out/linux64/build

fsize=$((`stat --printf="%s" toFlash/edison-image-edison.ext4` / 524288)) to fsize=$((`stat --printf="%s" toFlash/edison-image-edison.ext4` / 524288 * 2))

And then flash the image to the Edison

When I run the lsusb command the xsens is present, but without the xsens driver. When I go to the drivers/usb/serial directory the xsens_mt driver is not here.

Thank you!

* I'm building a new image and I will post the shell print screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Rafael,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, it seems that you are following the correct steps and it is strange that xsen_mt driver is not present. I've noticed that you are building the driver as a module (M), I'd suggest you to try to build it as compiled-in (y) in order to know if it could help.

Moreover, I'll be waiting for your post with the shell print screen, also, any detail you can share will be very useful.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Rafael,

I would like to know if you have any questions or update.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos