cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Warranty for Edison Board

Hi,

We have received Edison board from the customer for warranty. Can you please assist customer on the Edison board issue?

Issue description:

"when i connect to pc without shield the Edison board didn't show any LED flaming but when attached the LCD shield only LCD screen flaming not the Edison board's LED light. Also not interrupt from Edison board to my PC while connected to PC event my PC is already installed with CDM driver."

Thanks.

Regards,

Nurul Syuhada Ahmad Rudin.

Cytron Technologies Sdn. Bhd.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello syuhada,

If the board is not showing any LED activity when connected to the PC, it could mean that it is in fact in a damaged state. Nevertheless, it could be a powering issue, maybe the USB port the customer is using is not providing enough power to turn the board on, in that case, I'd suggest him to use either another USB port that he is sure provides enough power or an external power supply.

Also remember that if he is using an Arduino Expansion board, the board has a micro switch, if this switch is facing the full-USB port, the board is in host mode and it will not be able to be powered through the micro-USB port.

Peter.

Highlighted
Novice

Hi Peter.

We have provided power using both USB port. However, the board is still not showing any LED activity when connected to the PC.

Thanks.

Regards,

Cytron Technologies Sdn. Bhd.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Was the micro switch in the correct position? Did you try to power it through the barrel jack? The micro switch position and the barrel jack are shown in the picture bellow:

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Peter,

We have try what have you suggested but the problem still persist.

Thanks.

Regards,

Cytron Technologies Sdn. Bhd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

If you have tried all the above suggestions and the board still doesn't show any LED activity, it means that the board is in fact damaged and in a irrecoverable state.

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi,

How do we claim for the warranty then?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

You can contact the Warranty team by submitting an email to the form found in http://www.intel.com/support/mailform/maker/warrantyemail.htm Intel® Support

Peter.

0 Kudos