Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9880 Discussions

What does mraa.printError() mean if it prints nothing?

EMass1
Beginner

var mraa = require('mraa');

var button = new mraa.Gpio(36); // button hooked up to digi pin 14

button.dir(mraa.DIR_IN);

var t = button.isr(mraa.EDGE_FALLING, function () {

console.log("pressed");

});

printError(t);

When I run this I get no output from this in the console. Does that mean it succeeded or is something else wrong?

1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello evma,

I've just run your code and I got an error. You have to change the last line of your code by this one:

mraa.printError(t);

Then I ran it again and I got the message "MRAA: SUCCESS".

Anyhow, you should always get an output from the printError() method. I've summarized all the possible outputs you could get in the table below. I hope you find it useful. Additional details can be found in the MRAA source code: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/blob/3059c06fa05c4a5536ec82d00bd991891956704d/src/mraa.c# L211 mraa/mraa.c at 3059c06fa05c4a5536ec82d00bd991891956704d · intel-iot-devkit/mraa · GitHub

mraa_result_t resultConsole OutputMRAA_SUCCESSMRAA: SUCCESSMRAA_ERROR_FEATURE_NOT_IMPLEMENTEDMRAA: Feature not implemented.MRAA_ERROR_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTEDMRAA: Feature not supported by Hardware.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_VERBOSITY_LEVELMRAA: Invalid verbosity level.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETERMRAA: Invalid parameter.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_HANDLEMRAA: Invalid Handle.MRAA_ERROR_NO_RESOURCESMRAA: No resources.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_RESOURCEMRAA: Invalid resource.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_QUEUE_TYPEMRAA: Invalid Queue Type.MRAA_ERROR_NO_DATA_AVAILABLEMRAA: No Data available.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_PLATFORMMRAA: Platform not recognised.MRAA_ERROR_PLATFORM_NOT_INITIALISEDMRAA: Platform not initialised.MRAA_ERROR_PLATFORM_ALREADY_INITIALISEDMRAA: Platform already initialised.MRAA_ERROR_UNSPECIFIEDMRAA: Unspecified Error.DEFAULT CASEMRAA: Unrecognised error.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello evma,

I've just run your code and I got an error. You have to change the last line of your code by this one:

mraa.printError(t);

Then I ran it again and I got the message "MRAA: SUCCESS".

Anyhow, you should always get an output from the printError() method. I've summarized all the possible outputs you could get in the table below. I hope you find it useful. Additional details can be found in the MRAA source code: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/blob/3059c06fa05c4a5536ec82d00bd991891956704d/src/mraa.c# L211 mraa/mraa.c at 3059c06fa05c4a5536ec82d00bd991891956704d · intel-iot-devkit/mraa · GitHub

mraa_result_t resultConsole OutputMRAA_SUCCESSMRAA: SUCCESSMRAA_ERROR_FEATURE_NOT_IMPLEMENTEDMRAA: Feature not implemented.MRAA_ERROR_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTEDMRAA: Feature not supported by Hardware.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_VERBOSITY_LEVELMRAA: Invalid verbosity level.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETERMRAA: Invalid parameter.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_HANDLEMRAA: Invalid Handle.MRAA_ERROR_NO_RESOURCESMRAA: No resources.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_RESOURCEMRAA: Invalid resource.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_QUEUE_TYPEMRAA: Invalid Queue Type.MRAA_ERROR_NO_DATA_AVAILABLEMRAA: No Data available.MRAA_ERROR_INVALID_PLATFORMMRAA: Platform not recognised.MRAA_ERROR_PLATFORM_NOT_INITIALISEDMRAA: Platform not initialised.MRAA_ERROR_PLATFORM_ALREADY_INITIALISEDMRAA: Platform already initialised.MRAA_ERROR_UNSPECIFIEDMRAA: Unspecified Error.DEFAULT CASEMRAA: Unrecognised error.

Regards,

Diego.