Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GVere
Novice

What does the code *B0100000063f694 mean?

Dear Community,

I receive the code *B0100000063f694 whenever I connect my Edison to a PuTTy terminal. This has only occurred since I upgraded my computer to Windows 10, meaning i had to reinstall / update my Edison drivers also. Despite thoroughly searching every forum and guide I can find, I still fail to understand the meaning of this code.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

- T1T4N

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello T1T4N,

Thank you for your interest in our Intel products.

Have you tried with different USB ports and cables?

You can also try by flashing the board with the flashall script https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-25154 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-25154

Could you attach a screenshot of what you have on your Serial Settings on Putty? Are you using 115200 as speed?

Also please take a look at this post and try following the steps there: https://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/15984/unable-to-set-up-intel-edison-on-windows

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Octavian
GVere
Novice

Hello Octavian,

I apologise for the late reply. I have recently been away from home.

I have tried with four different USB cables and switched them between the three available ports on my computer, however, the code still remains.

Unfortunately, I cannot use any commands as I am unable to type in the terminal. This is despite double pressing enter several times when I open the terminal.

Attached is a screenshot of my serial settings, the code, as well as my device manager.

I followed the instruction in the link that you kindly sent me, however I am unsure as to how I change the directory.

Kind regards,

- T1T4N

idata
Community Manager

Hello T1T4N,

Thank you for your patience.

Was the Edison functioning properly prior to upgrading the host OS to Windows 10?

Is the Edison being powered via USB or with an external power supply?

Regards,

Octavian
GVere
Novice

Dear Octavian,

Yes, as far as I'm aware, my Edison was functioning flawlessly until I upgraded my PC to Windows 10, as I was always able to use terminal commands, and install firmware.

I previosuly powered my Edison using an external power supply, however now I plug both USB cables into the computer as I'm often unable to achieve a connection when using an external power supply.

Kind regards,

- T1T4N

idata
Community Manager

Hello George,

From what I can see in your screenshot, you're trying to connect to the Virtual Com Port(COM4) . That port won't work for serial connection. You should see an additional port named as USB serial port which will work with Putty.

Please try reconnecting the Edison and check the Device manager again. If the issue still persists follow this guide to reflash the Edison: https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-windows-32-step3

and make sure you have the correct COM port: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/628261

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Octavian
idata
Community Manager

Hello George,

Do you require any more assistance with this issue?

Regards,

Octavian
GVere
Novice

Hello Octavian,

I sincerely apologise for the late replies. I have recently been travelling away from home often. In the future, I will ensure that I acknowledge your messages, then inform you of when I will be able to carry out the advice that you kindly send me. I am home now, therefore you'll receive another reply shortly.

Thank you for your patience so far. It's much appreciated.

Kind regards,

- George

GVere
Novice

Hello Octavian,

I followed the instructions that you kindly sent me then repeated the process 3 times, however as you can see, I still fail to see 'USB serial port' in my device manager.

Kind regards,

- George

idata
Community Manager

Hello George,

Thank you for your patience.

Based on the screenshot, there is no USB Serial Port (COMx) available. It could mean there is no physical connection to the serial micro-usb port in Edison (J3 in both the Arduino Kit and Breakout board).

It may be possible the cable connected to J3 is a power only cable.

Try to switch the cables used and check if you see the USB Serial port.Regards,

Octavian
GVere
Novice

Hello Octavian,

Thank you for your suggestion. Now that you've mentioned it, I remember this being an issue I have had before. Later on, when I'm home, I will ensure that I try out your suggsection.

Kind regards,

- George

GVere
Novice

Hello Octavian,

As you can see, I'm finally connected to my Edison.

Thank you very much. You've been incredibly helpful.

Kind Regards,

- George
idata
Community Manager

Hello George,

Has your issue been resolved?

Regards,

Octavian