Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RPras
Novice

What is the code of load cell ???

I try to use load cell in galileo, but i dont know the code... i search in the internet, some web say we must use HX711 amplifier,

Must i use that? or can work without hx711?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Radikia_Cuber,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Galileo™ Platform.

Checking through these old threads: , and . I don't see any user that has had any luck using this sensor with the Galileo, it seems that many people assume that it will work because there is an Arduino library, but this library isn't compatible with the Galileo due to the type of architecture.

If you still want to use the load cell with the Galileo, I would encourage you to use the HX711, since it is a specialized ADC for weight scales. It also has a driver written in C that might be useful in order to communicate with the Galileo.

Datasheet of HX711: http://image.dfrobot.com/image/data/SEN0160/hx711_english.pdf http://image.dfrobot.com/image/data/SEN0160/hx711_english.pdf

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Radikia_Cuber,

Do you have any more questions? Please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RPras
Novice

Thankyou for your reply,,

I still try use HX711 and galileo...

but, what kind library must i use???

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Radikia_Cuber wrote:

Thankyou for your reply,,

I still try use HX711 and galileo...

but, what kind library must i use???

According to , the only known library depends on One Wire, and it is already known that One Wire does not work in Intel Galileo "1-wire and Galileo are just a bad combination due to the slow I/O", so the most likely is that it will not work in Intel Galileo at all... the alternative is to adapt/rewrite the whole library, but the slow I/O will not change anyway...

Fernando.