Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EAvel
Novice

What is the exactly intel Edison CPU thermal zone?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand what is the temperature of Intel Edison Core's by using:

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone/temp

and I'm getting some values like.

My question:

There is an documentation about it?

What exactly this temperature values means in terms of internal Edison devices? (Ex. CPU0 -> zone1, CPU1 ->zone3 and so on...)

Is this values already in °C and I need just divide them by 1000?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo.

Ps. I'm just asking because I didn't found exactly what I'm looking for after search a lot.

1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Eduardo1742,

As you mentioned there are three thermal zones available to read on Edison, they are thermal_zone1, thermal_zone3 and thermal_zone4. Indeed these measurements are in °C but the output is given in m°C, so, as you also mentioned, they must be divided by 1000.

Currently there is no official documentation regarding Edison's thermal zones but if you would like know how Edison gets these values, you can check intel_soc_thermal.c. This file can be found in the source files of Edison's image as stated in .

The thermal zones 1, 2 and 3 corresponds to Edison's MCU (Quark) and both Atom's cores respectively.

Peter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Eduardo1742,

As you mentioned there are three thermal zones available to read on Edison, they are thermal_zone1, thermal_zone3 and thermal_zone4. Indeed these measurements are in °C but the output is given in m°C, so, as you also mentioned, they must be divided by 1000.

Currently there is no official documentation regarding Edison's thermal zones but if you would like know how Edison gets these values, you can check intel_soc_thermal.c. This file can be found in the source files of Edison's image as stated in .

The thermal zones 1, 2 and 3 corresponds to Edison's MCU (Quark) and both Atom's cores respectively.

Peter.

View solution in original post

EAvel
Novice

Hi Intel_Peter,

Your answer was exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks for your attention.

Eduardo