Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

When will the compute stick be updated with skylake???

JFale
Beginner

This seems like the ultimate streaming device that can ALSO be a casual users PC. I will buy multiple skylake compute sticks on day one... just need to know when that is. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Snicken:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

The Intel® Compute Stick is a low power based computer which would use a low power consumption processor.

The current platform that would comply with the low power needs would be Bay Trail (for current Intel® Compute Stick) and Braswell based processors.

The possible next Intel® Compute Stick might have a Braswell based processor.

Regarding a Skylake based Intel® Compute Stick, we have not heard about it so far.

Regards,

Esteban C

SHirs
Novice

Does that mean, that there is finally no Compute Stick planned anymore with Core M3 or M5 processor??

greeetings

Sebastian

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Naviara:

Currently there is no information about future releases for Intel® Compute Stick with those processors.

Regards,

Esteban C

JFale
Beginner

so not never... but you're not saying when. hmmm. when you announced Skylake http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2015/09/01/introducing-6th-generation-intel-... Introducing 6th Generation Intel® Core™, Intel's Best Processor Ever... it was made pretty clear that the compute stick would take advantage. If you guys don't do it.. I just hope someone does. Because this could really help the windows 10 ecosystem. having my windows live account and all my apps, movies, music on my TV, without having to use miracast or DNLP sounds GREAT.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, he's simply saying that Intel does not pre-announce products. IMHO, it's highly unlikely that you will see a Core processor in an ICS-like product any time soon; they simply do not meet the power and thermal profiles necessary. For now, it's going to be just the Atom SOCs. Still, Braswell represents improvement over Baytrail and...

...S