Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHalf1
Beginner

Wi-Fi Error: The default gateway is not available

My device keeps dropping connection at seemingly random intervals. Running BIOS 0024, installed Win 10 Home 32-bit on STK1A32SC.

Drivers tried:

17.15 (default win driver),

18.33 (obtained through Windows Driver Update),

18.40 (had to install Intel ProSet package and manually update from driver in Device Manager)

I also tried reinstalling Windows without success.

Windows Network Diagnostics reset the device to resolve but it can drop the gateway again at random intervals, sometimes minutes someitmes hours later. Alsonetwork troubleshooting report displayed driver information as: Version 17.15.0.5 in C:\Windows\INF\netwbn02.inf

I manually replaced the netwbn02.inf file from the WI-FI ProSet driver package dated 2016-1-29, same error occurred.

My temporary workaround is to use my old Linksys WUSB600N.

I have not been able to successfully submit a ticket on your Customer Care Portal for the last 3 days so I am resorting to this forum.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BNot1
Beginner

Hey Dave I have the same problem...It started dropping out about 5 days a go, I thought it was/is my Arias gateway/router. I had a similar problem a couple years back, I switched out bad unit and it worked fine until now. I plan on switching out again in a day or so. I'll check back.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, All

BugM., thank you for your feedback.

DaveH07, it seems like you have done all the possible troubleshooting for the Intel® Compute Stick, have you tried contacting our phone support? See here for the contact information http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support.

Regards,

Amy.

DHalf1
Beginner

Hi Amy,

I contacted support by phone on June 1st and they are going to send me a replacement when they receive more stock.

idata
Community Manager

That is good to hear!

Please let me know as soon as you receive the unit.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, /thread/104061 DaveH07:

I wanted to check on your thread; did you receive the unit? How is the unit working?

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.

DHalf1
Beginner

Hi Amy,

I have not been contacted regarding the replacement unit yet however I have not noticed any connectivity issues for the past month. I have been watching more low quality streams and locally stored content vs HD streams.

idata
Community Manager

That's good to hear, so the unit is working fine?

Regards,

Amy.