Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDomé
Novice

Wifi disconnects every night and reconnects at the morning... Why?

Jump to solution

Hi!

I have an Intel Compute Stick model. STK1AW32SC. I have it connected to a monitor to use it as a screen for "digital signage". I have configured it to NEVER SLEEP, and it works ok, but Wifi disconnects every night at about 23:00 and reconnects at about 8:00. I have checked the configuration of the Wireless module and is set to maximum performance.

What more have I to activate or configure?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MDomé
Novice

Finally I got the solution. The wifi coverage was weak, and, I that's the reason that Intel PC stick disconnects. I've installed a range extender and, in the last 2 days, the PC stick doesn't have disconnected.

Thanks for all!

Regards

View solution in original post

8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello FarMike,

I understand that you are having problems with the WiFi connection, I apologize for any inconveniences.

Regarding this problem I would like to try two things. The first thing is to update the Wireless Driver which can be downloaded from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26327/Compute-Stick-Intel-Wireless-Technology-Based-Driver...

When this is done I would like you to do a BIOS update of the unit, you can get the latest BIOS from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27365/BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A-?product=91065

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V
MDomé
Novice

Thanks! I have installed both updates. Tomorrow will tell you if they work!.

idata
Community Manager

Hello FarMike,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you.

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Did the provided answer helped you fix your problem?

Do not hesitate to reply for further help.

Regards,

David V
MDomé
Novice

Thanks, but I'm still having the same problem. I have made both updates, but it continues shutting down wifi connection at 23:20 aprox. and waking up a 8:00 aprox. It stays awake, with the monitor ON, but without any wifi connection.

What can I do more?

Thanks again

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm, are you sure you do not have usage hours programmed into your router? This sure sounds like it...

...S

MDomé
Novice

Thanks Scott, but I haven't any usage hours programmed into my router.

idata
Community Manager

Hello FarMike

This does not seem to be an issue with the drivers or software, specially because it is something that happens at a specific time. I would recommend to check the router configuration and the connection as well, if possible try with different units connected to see if they disconnect at the same time as the Intel® Compute Stick.

Regards,

David V
MDomé
Novice

Finally I got the solution. The wifi coverage was weak, and, I that's the reason that Intel PC stick disconnects. I've installed a range extender and, in the last 2 days, the PC stick doesn't have disconnected.

Thanks for all!

Regards

View solution in original post