Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pparc
Novice

Wifi setup on intel edison mini breakout board

Hi, I have a problem with wifi setup on intel edison board. When I connected to wifi, it showed the IP address and when I tried to open the link in browser it doesn't showup(it's showing like reload web page). When I reconnected later, the serial window on the putty is showing like the image below. So, could you please sort out this problem?

8 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

What image are you using? Type configure_edison –version and let me know the output. If you configured the wifi correctly and don't make any additional changes you should be able to login as root, however you received a login incorrect. I'd suggest you to re connect to a network again with configure_edison –setup and send a screenshot of the confirmation of the website and IP address you've been assigned. Also, make sure that the IP address assigned to the board is in the same network as your computer.

Sergio

pparc
Novice

How can I reconnect the network again?

It's showing that HROS1-EK login:

when i typed the root, It showing that password:

When i'm typing the password, It's not accepting that.

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

If you're not able to get past the login prompt I'd suggest you to re flash your board with the latest image. Follow the steps in https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/flash-tool-lite-user-manual IoT - Flash Tool Lite User Manual | Intel® Developer Zone

After the flashing is done, log in with root and configure your Edison with configure_edison –setup.

Sergio

pparc
Novice

actually i'm using intel edison with arbotix-pro. can I use the process that you mentioned in above link?

pparc
Novice

I'm using intel edison mini breakout board with arbotix pro

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The preferred way to flash would be for you to un- mount the mini breakout board from the arbotix pro and do the flashing separately. If the mini breakout board is soldered and there is no way to separate the mini breakout board from the arbotix pro then make sure that there is no activity in the arbotix pro and that there are no external power supplies connected to the Edison. I mean, when the Flash tool lite asks you to connect the micro USB port to the Edison, make sure the Edison is not receiving any external signals or voltage from any sources or devices.

Sergio

EWolc
New Contributor I

Have you properly done the Wi-Fi setup? I haven't actually followed this: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/edison-getting-started-guide# connecting-to-wifi Edison Getting Started Guide , but it seems good once you get past the section on plugging the Edison in etc.

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi prathyusha

Have you managed to successfully flash your Edison?

Sergio