cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHorc
Beginner

Windows 10 - CDC ECM & MTP drivers

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to find a Windows 10 CDC ECM & MTP driver for Intel Joule module. It works fine with my Ubuntu box.

Could somebody please point me in a right direction. I'm struggling to find a working Windows driver...

Kind regards,

Jan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Joule Platform.

I would like to investigate a little bit more about those drivers for the Intel Joule, and as soon as I find useful information I'll let you know.

I'll appreciate your patience.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

JHorc
Beginner

Thank you Yermi.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your patience. I would like to recommend you to follow this guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/722576 https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/722576 to install the MTP driver, I was able to successfully go through those steps and installed the driver for the Joule Module.

Additionally, I would like to know if you need specifically the CDC EMC driver for your project, or if everything works well just by following the guide mentioned above.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

I would like to know if you have any updates. Did you follow the guide provided above?

Regards,

-Yermi A.

JHorc
Beginner

Hi Yermi,

sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your suggestion. The MTP driver works fine as suggested

We are still evaluating the Joule module for further use at the moment. The CDC EMC functionality would be quite handy as we could have one physical port (type C) handling both storage and PC communication. Otherwise we would have to use serial port on a separate physical connection which is not as flexible or fast as the CDC EMC.

If the driver is not available at the moment, are there any roadmaps or timescales for its development/release??

Kind regards,

Jan

idata
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

I'm glad to know you found the information provided useful. Regarding the CDC EMC driver I would like to do a further investigation before providing you a response, and as soon as I have useful information I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

JHorc
Beginner

Thanks again Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your patience.

I would like to let you know that we are aware of the issue and are working on a solution with an unknown release date. We suggest you to seek out independent driver vendors or contract service providers who may be able to craft the needed solution.

My apologies for any inconvenience it may cause.

Regards,

-Yermi A.
JHorc
Beginner

Thank you for your reply