cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDevo
Beginner

Windows 10 Pro will not install

Hello,

I have recently been trying to install Windows 10 professional (for a sysprep) onto a brand new compute stick, no matter what I try; Windows 10 Home is installed. I've tried multiple sources for the Windows 10 installation media, it doesn't seem to matter.

My ISO images are directly from Microsoft, I've deleted every partition during the install to prevent the compute stick from using a recovery partition. Is there some hidden partition or separate memory that is forcing Windows Home upon me?

I've tried changing the BIOS setting for Windows x86 and Windows 64-Bit with the same result.

I'm running out of ideas, and I see no rhyme or reason why Intel would force this particular version, they'd really be limiting their target market.. No Enterprise wants Win 10 Home.

What's the deal?

Thanks!

Product: STK1AW32SC

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SHirs
Novice

Wich Medium did you use to install the image?? USB Stick or external DVD Drive?

Does the message come up "Press a key to boot from DVD Drive" right at the beginning? It has to and you have to react very fast to press a key, otherwise it will boot right from eMMC where Windows Home is installed.

greetings,

Sebastian

DDevo
Beginner

Naviara I used 2 different ISO images on DVD. One was official M$ OEM disk, second was a ISO downloaded through the M$ Media Creation Tool. I went through the full O/S installation, after reboot the OOBE setup screen came up as expected, set up a new user, network config, etc. First thing I did was check the O/S info in Control Panel > System. I've done four seperate installs just to be sure I didn't miss anything. (I've done my fair share of system wipes, so I know what I'm doing) it's just no matter what I do, it's always loading a fresh install of 10 Home.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Some1TGuy,

There are no limitations on Intel sticks, customers can upgrade the operating system. As a workaround update the BIOS of the stick then, create a bootable USB drive with Win10 Pro and try it again.

BIOS version 0024

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25917/BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A-?product=91065 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25917/BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A-?product=91065

Try installing the new operating system with F10 option while powering the system on.

Regards,

Mike C

idata
Community Manager

Hi Some1TGuy,

I am following up your case. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Regards,

Mike C