Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAlde4
Beginner

Windows 10 auto-update fixed (for me)

I had a compute stick which came with Windows 8.1.

I let the Windows Update process upgrade it to Windows 10 a couple of months ago and had no problems.

Recently I let it auto-update to the Autumn release of Windows 10 and the update hung in the final stages - I think after final reboot into the updated Windows 10.

After several restarts I found that the system always crashed as soon as I logged in, and sometimes before I logged in.

Then I read this community's content and as a first step towards a fix I upgraded my BIOS to the latest version available.

The BIOS is available from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25506/BIOS-Update-FCBYT10H-86A- Download BIOS Update [FCBYT10H.86A]

Note that the latest BIOS is version 31, dated 5th November 2015. My stick was running version 18 which is listed as the initial production release, so I was well behind the curve.

Upgrading to the latest BIOS fixed my problem and allowed me to login and use the system normally.

I am now running the Autumn release of Windows 10.

I appreciate that some people's problems are different to mine, and that other people who have made a number of attempts to reinstall or rollback may be beyond the point where upgrading the BIOS fixes their issues,

but this fixed it for me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello RobinAlden,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I'm glad to hear that your system is now up and running after you upgraded the BIOS to version 0031 and using Windows 10 and we really appreciate you have shared this valuable information.

Basically the requirements and recommendations to update the Intel® Compute Stick to Windows 10 is to have a BIOS version 0024 or later.

You can see that information here:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/stck1a32wfc/sb/CS-035724.htm Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC — Windows® 10 Upgrade Instructions

See option below at the link above.