cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FDano
Novice

Windows 10 v1115 Update Issue

Jump to solution

Hello: I'm really hoping that somebody can help me figure out why the update won't allow me to pick another volume to save the file to. It states that there isn't enough space (it needs 11.8 GB). However, when I select an external HDD and hit Refresh it tells me that I need another 8.99 GB free on C. I also tried saving to the microSD to no avail. Odder yet is that when I go to the Programs Control Panel it states that there is a total of only 1.11 GB of programs installed, and I haven't even had the opportunity to save any files internally yet so how would I even be able to delete an additional 8.99 GB (C says that 8.91 GB is free)? The only things on this PC right now are: iTunes (media is on an external HDD), Evernote, Chrome, Norton, VeraCrypt, Tresorit, and iCloud. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please HELP.

Thanks!

Model: STK1AW32SC

BIOS: 0019

Windows 10 v. 1511, 10586

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Miguel_C_Intel1
Employee

Hi InfoSysLib,

There is a workaround for the issue. It is necessary to change Windows® 10 configuration. Remember to remove any SD card first.

Please follow the steps of: Windows 10 Threshold 2 update failed but Windows still starts on the Intel Compute Stick

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000017933.html?wa... Windows® 10 Threshold 2 Update Guide for Intel® Compute Stick...

Regards,

Miguel C

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_C_Intel1
Employee

Hi InfoSysLib,

There is a workaround for the issue. It is necessary to change Windows® 10 configuration. Remember to remove any SD card first.

Please follow the steps of: Windows 10 Threshold 2 update failed but Windows still starts on the Intel Compute Stick

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000017933.html?wa... Windows® 10 Threshold 2 Update Guide for Intel® Compute Stick...

Regards,

Miguel C

View solution in original post

FDano
Novice

That did the trick. Thanks! One thing though, you should probably mention that the jump drive gets erased. Luckily mine was clean...

Miguel_C_Intel1
Employee

Hi InfoSysLib,

I think you are talking about the recovery partition. It is possible to create a image of your system using Windows® 10 tool. Review the picture below.

Regards,

Mike C