Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9867 Discussions

Windows 10 version 1607

FDano
Novice

Are we back to a threshold 2 situation again with v 1607? I need 5GB that I don't have. Ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, 1607 installs as an upgrade, not an update, and thus the same situation applies. The answer remains the same: the free space for the upgrade *must* be available on the eMMC.

Here are my suggestions for how to accomplish this:

1. Remove all of the crap that has built up on your eMMC. To do this, do the following: (1) manually delete all files possible in the C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\temp folder for each and every user account, (2) manually delete all files possible in the C:\Windows\Temp folder and (3) use the Disk Cleanup tool to remove this and all other crap that has built up. Read this before running the tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/8fef4121-711b-4be1-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup... support.microsoft.com: Disk Cleanup in Windows 10. Check to have everything removed (well, except for Game Statistics Files, of course).
  2. Add a SDXC flash IC and migrate applications and data off of the eMMC.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

N. Scott Pearson, thank you for the information provided.

To: InfoSysLib

Hello InfoSysLib,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie.

FDano
Novice

I forgot to change my iTunes media location to my external drive so when I synched my iPhone it put nearly 2GB of media files on the SSD. That prevented the update, so I removed the files (& the temp windows files) and changed the directory location and the update went smoothly! All is well, thanks!

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Glad to hear you found a solution...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello InfoSysLib,

Good to know that your issue has been solved.

Please do not hesitate to use our communities for any further concern.

/news https://communities.intel.com/news

Kind regards,

Angie