Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Windows 10 version 1607

Are we back to a threshold 2 situation again with v 1607? I need 5GB that I don't have. Ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, 1607 installs as an upgrade, not an update, and thus the same situation applies. The answer remains the same: the free space for the upgrade *must* be available on the eMMC.

Here are my suggestions for how to accomplish this:

1. Remove all of the crap that has built up on your eMMC. To do this, do the following: (1) manually delete all files possible in the C:\Users\XXX\appdata\local\temp folder for each and every user account, (2) manually delete all files possible in the C:\Windows\Temp folder and (3) use the Disk Cleanup tool to remove this and all other crap that has built up. Read this before running the tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/8fef4121-711b-4be1-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup... support.microsoft.com: Disk Cleanup in Windows 10. Check to have everything removed (well, except for Game Statistics Files, of course).
  2. Add a SDXC flash IC and migrate applications and data off of the eMMC.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

N. Scott Pearson, thank you for the information provided.

To: InfoSysLib

Hello InfoSysLib,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I forgot to change my iTunes media location to my external drive so when I synched my iPhone it put nearly 2GB of media files on the SSD. That prevented the update, so I removed the files (& the temp windows files) and changed the directory location and the update went smoothly! All is well, thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Glad to hear you found a solution...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello InfoSysLib,

Good to know that your issue has been solved.

Please do not hesitate to use our communities for any further concern.

/news https://communities.intel.com/news

Kind regards,

Angie
0 Kudos