Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Windows is over displaying on TV screen. The display does not fit the screen. The resolution is set to 1920 x1080 and scale is set to 100% (recommended). Yet the toolbar and left side are cut off

Hi all

Bought an Intel Compute Stick, but Windows is over displaying. It ti to large for the TV, hence all borders are cut off. The tool bar and the windows assets on the left are just out of view (you can partially see them) . The screen is set to 1920 x1080 and scale set to 100%

Any help will be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Your TV may not support this resolution. You can change the output resolution of the stick, or you can look at the settings of your TV and select another display mode.

You may be able to adjust the underscan (if your stick graphics has that option) to fix this overscan issue. However, I would look at the TV settings first.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for reply. The TV is a fairly new TV. I have tried all the different resolutions already, and none of them work. On The TV settings, All I can change there are colour, contrast, sharpness and brightness.. I can't see any setting that could resolve this. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello minto007,

I would like to have a better look at this matter, so is there any chance you can take a picture of the toolbar and left side that are cut off? One more thing please let me know your TV model and the Intel® HD Graphics version installed. Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Have you tried using the Customize Aspect Ratio feature in the HD Graphics Control Panel?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II

I see this more often than not. There is a setting on the TV to let it know that it's getting a computer signal, not a TV signal, but it's different for each brand of TV. Can you at least specify the brand of TV so that another poster familiar with it can divulge the secret sauce to make this work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/115462 minto007, if you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately I have been unable to do any tests as there appears to be a fault with the power supply adaptor (UK Plug) that was supplied with the Compute Stick, and I'm waiting to get it back. As soon as I have , I'll do the tests above and give you the results

Once again, thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Amy C.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/115462 minto007, let us know if you were able to test the power adapter.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Amy

As it happens, I have just received the replacement Stick today, and will test everything out again . I will get back to you Thursday at the latest

Thanks

Minto

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Minto, keep us posted.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Amy

Thank you for being patient, I have now the information you requested. I have had a new Intel stick delivered, but alas the problem is there with a new one. In answer to your questions

1 - TV Model : I have tried 3 different TVs (all 22 inch - which is detected in the intel graphics software in control panel - Toshiba, Panasonic and ISIS

2- Driver version : 20.19.15.4624 - Which the OS reports as the most up to date and current

3- Picture - See attached - you can see the bottom task bar mostly missing and most of the icons disappearing on the right

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.. the problem occurs with three different brands , all 22 inch, I have tried. Toshiba, Panasonic and ISIS.. The Intel Graphics software detected these as LCD 22 inch TVs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hello,

There are different TV models for each company, therefore I advise you to read your TV User Manual and see how the picture can be adjusted. Any way I'll try to give you some hint for the Toshiba TV:

1. Press MENU on Remote Control and enter Picture Settings. Now enter to Advanced Setting and check if Full Mode item is set to 1080iq1060p.

2. Press SCREEN button repeatedly to select different picture format.

3. Use Picture PC Settings menu position to adjust picture position.

Hope this helps

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Minto, were you able to follow the suggestion mentioned before? Did it work?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Amy

I'm still having the same problem.. I was waiting for a reply. The driver versions are up to date, and adjusting the TV settings do not work.

Thanks

regards

Minto

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Minto, I would like to confirm if you were able to use the Customize Aspect Ratio feature in the Intel® HD Graphics? This was mentioned before but I couldn't confirm if you tried this.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Amy

Sorry if I didn't mention it, but yes, I did use the customise Aspect Ration in the Intel Graphics in Control panel, but to no avail

Cheers

Minto

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Did you mean that the option is not present in the Intel® HD Graphics control panel? I am sorry, I got confused and I would like to confirm this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos