cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJens4
Beginner

Windows meldet: "zu wenig Speicherplatz (RAM)"

Hallo,

bei meinem ComputeStick kommt unter Windows 10 die Meldung "Zu wenig Speicherplatz" (RAM)

obwohl von den 2GB RAM nur ca. 1,3 GB belegt sind. Auch die SSD ist nur zu ca. 50% belegt und

es ist als Programm nur Office 2013 installiert - sonst nichts.

Woran könnte es liegen?

Besten Dank im voraus!

J. Feddersen

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This has nothing to do with your available RAM. You only get this message if your storage it too full to support some operation (it might have been 50% full before you installed MS Office, but certainly not after). If you are going to have something as massive as MS Office installed, I suggest that you add a flash disk via the SDXC slot, format it for NTFS file system and install MS Office onto it instead of your main disk.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello brautsee,

Correct, this is probably an issue with storage availability.

would you please provide us with a screenshot of your "This PC" in order to find out how much space you have available?

If storage is already used, you can certainly follow Pearson's recommendations and get an SD card compatible with the system.

Hope I can hear from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
idata
Community Manager

Hello brautsee,

Just checking if you were able to read the last answer provided?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
JJens4
Beginner

Hello,

thank you for your answer. The 50% available SSD space is after having installed MS Office. The weird thing is that I have another compute stick

of the same kind with the MS office installation and the error does not occur.

I will install an SDXC card and format it to NTFS for the office installation and report to you.

Best regards!

Jens

idata
Community Manager

Hello brautsee,

Thank you very much for the update!!

Could you please provide me with the following info? This is to better understand the scenario you are facing, and therefore assist you in a more accurate way.

Screenshot of disk management, if you have Windows 10* press the windows key + X then select "Disk Management"

Screenshot of the task manager, right click on the task bar, select task manager, go to performance, then "Open Resource Monitor" and provide memory related information (as screenshot)

Please do this for both units (the one with the issue, and the other unit you have, are they the same model?).

Additionally, regarding the SDXC card, I will be waiting for the outcome

If any further inquiries come to mind, feel free to let me know in your answer.

Regards,

Esteban C
idata
Community Manager

Hello brautsee,

Please let me know if you were able to check my last answer.

Regards,

Esteban C
idata
Community Manager

Hello brautsee,

I just wanted to verify if you require any further support for this inquiry.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C