Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

Wireless hangs on "Initiating connection to ..."

DSmit48
Novice

Edison on mini breakout.

I have run through the setup & flashed the Edison, then run configure_edison --wifi, which works fine, it lists all the available connections (sometimes have to rerun the scan). Once I select my network (I have tried both the 2.4 & 5 Ghz) & enter the password, it just hangs on the initiating stage.

I also tried :

ifconfig usb0 down

ifconfig wlan0 down

ifconfig usb0 up

ifconfig wlan0 up

But same thing. I'm new to the Edison, so any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution
Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Dopeysmith,

Let's try flashing the board using the /docs/DOC-25154 flashall script, then run the configure_edison --setup command.

If the issue continues check the wpa_supplicant.service and disable the connman service by running:

root@edison:~# systemctl status wpa_supplicant.service

root@edison:~# systemctl stop connman

Regards

Charlie

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Dopeysmith,

Let's try flashing the board using the /docs/DOC-25154 flashall script, then run the configure_edison --setup command.

If the issue continues check the wpa_supplicant.service and disable the connman service by running:

root@edison:~# systemctl status wpa_supplicant.service

root@edison:~# systemctl stop connman

Regards

Charlie

View solution in original post

DSmit48
Novice

Thanks, I actually re-ran the windows installer again & chose flash image (which I'm guessing did what you suggested), ran configure_edison --setup & it worked. Now I can start playing with the blocks I got for it

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi, I'm really glad to have helped you with this. If in the future you have more questions, doubts or feedback don't hesitate in contacting us

-Charlie