Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRobe17
New Contributor I

Wow what a fantastic bit of gear.

About a week ago I was at Fry's electronic store, picking up my fix for electronics. While looking for yet one more Raspberry Pi to add to my collection I happened to notice this brown box with the Intel logo. I had no clue what was in the box, did not have my phone to check. I decided why not toss it into the basket, if I did not like it I was comfortable in knowing I could return it.

I get this device home, and see its in 2 parts, (Some assembly required.) after looking at the scant documentation and proceed to put it together. After getting the small nuts on I proceed to power the device up. Again, no clue what I bought, just knew it was compatible with an Arduno. Needless to say, I could not get the device to do anything. After reading the setup instructions found with the help of google, I was up and logged in to the device over a serial connection.

Now, I am working on large home automation / light show / intercom system .... I was at first thinking of using a Raspberry Pi for the central server, now I am planning on using this device for the central server. What a fantastic bit of kit, I am so happy that I did take that chance and bought it. Now, lets see just how hard I can push this device.

Thank you Intel for creating what I consider a first class product.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hi Romonaga,

We are really happy to hear that you're satisfied with your purchase! Please don't hesitate opening a case in the Community or sending an email ticket whenever you feel the need or have a question to ask us. We'll be more than glad to help you, we hope you have a great time with your Intel Edison!

Regards,

-Pablo