cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWiem
Beginner

X1000 package ball numbering

Support,

Can you provide a drawing showing how the solder balls are numbered on the FCBGA11 package?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

John Wiemeyer

mailto:jwiemeyer@arrow.com jwiemeyer@arrow.com

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello John,

All the public information regarding this subject can be found in section 3 of Quark's datasheet. You can find in it http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/quark/quark-x1000-datasheet.html Intel® Quark™ SoC X1000: Datasheet .

Peter.

JWiem
Beginner

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the data sheet link. The data sheet specifies ball numbers such as AB1, AF22, AK17, etc. One edge of the package is labeled with numbers and the other side is labeled with letters. The drawing in the data sheet does not specify which side of the chip is labeled with numbers and which side is labeled with letters. Can you provide clarification on this?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

John Wiemeyer

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

If have an NDA there are more documents available, in case you don't I highly suggest you to obtain one and work with an FAE to get access to these documents.

Peter.

JWiem
Beginner

Hi Peter,

As I have thought about this question more I don't understand the reason the information our customer is requesting is not in the data sheet. They are not asking for any information that is secret and in fact anyone that want to put Clanton on a PCB would need to know this information. With Clanton (and all BGA packages) balls are located on a grid with one axis label numerically and the other labeled alphabetically. While the package drawing in the data sheet does indicate pin 1 it does not indicate which edge of the chip is labeled in numbers and which is labeled alphabetically. It shouldn't take an NDA to provide this information. Can you help us locate this detail please?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

John Wiemeyer

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello John,

We are inquiring about the need for a NDA to determine if we can share the documentation. I will reply back as soon as we have more information.

Peter.