Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

XDK y Yoctos (iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-galileo-20160606.direct)

Hola estoy intentando usar Intel Galileo Gen 1 con la ultima version del XDK (3522) y la ultima version de Yoctos (iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-galileo-20160606.direct) y estoy teniendo problemas para poder ejecutar los ejemplos que trae el XDK. Por ejemplo en esta imagen de Yoctos no se encuentra instalado el programa npm, ni el modulo serialport, ni el modulo express. Por lo que la mayoria de los ejemplos no se pueden ejecutar. Por ese motivo queria preguntar si hay que instalar algo adicional en esta imagen para que funcione correctamente, o que imagen de Yoctos puedo utilizar con la ultima version del XDK.

Desde ya muchas gracias.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi EstebanCarnuccio,

I understand you're having issues running the examples on the XDK with Galileo. From what you mention you're using the correct XDK and Yocto image. I'd like to ask you some questions to determine if some of the previous configuration of the IDE was done properly.I also found a very informative document about the XDK here http://www.drdobbs.com/embedded-systems/building-an-iot-project-with-intel-galil/240169187?pgno=1 http://www.drdobbs.com/embedded-systems/building-an-iot-project-with-intel-galil/240169187?pgno=1 . Take a look at it, you can find useful information about the npm module.

As an additional recommendation, if you post your threads in English more users might be able to help and provide suggestions in case they've had similar experiences.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks for the advice Sergio. But I continues to show the same errors. I am using the XDK from Windows 8.1. In this operating system I have installed the version of Bonjour 3.1. So I can that the Galileo has an IP address assigned and also it connect to Internet. This I could see when I execute the "ping 8.8.8.8" command in Yoctos. That way I can connect XDK with Yoctos, and run without problems the Blinking Led example. However I continuous without being able run the other example, as the serial port and websocket.

I send you some screenshots output XDK console when I run the sample websocket and settings I'm using of this IDE.

• Upload Control Menu;

• output console XDK:

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi EstebanCarnuccio,

Thank you for providing the information we requested. Could you share the code you're using, I'd like to try it out myself. Also, you can take a look at this thread /message/360197# 360197 https://communities.intel.com/message/360197# 360197 . It discusses a similar issue and has some useful suggestions. Try them out and let us know your results.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Do you still need assistance with this case? Were you able to use the examples on the XDK?

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi thanks Sergio. I could find what the problem was. I had to reconfigure Yoctos from the XDK to make it work properly. The steps I have made are next in XDK:

1-. I opened a new project (eg, web sockets)

2-. Clear board birectory / node_app_slot in Yoctos from the menu upload_control

3 - I synchronized the time of the Galileo from XDK

4 - Upgrade Intel XDK-daemon from XDK

5 - Update libraries on board from XDK

6- Again I cleared board directory / node_app_slot in Yoctos from the menu upload_control

7. I uploaded the project in Galileo and finally I ran it

thank very much for all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi EstebanCarnuccio,

Thank you for providing the steps that resolved this issue. They'll definitively help other users who encounter the same issue. If you have other questions don't hesitate to open a new thread to receive help from the community.

-Sergio

0 Kudos