cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKasu
New Contributor I

cannot watch bb.conf files

Hai everyone,

I'm using the image iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606 (yocto image).I'm using the intel edison arduino expansion board.I'm unable to bitbake the image and the error is cannot watch conf/bb.conf files WD=-1 and no space left on the device.I'm not understanding why these errors are coming even there is sufficient space on the machine.I'm pinning the screenshots below.I have tried to bitbake using the meta-intel edison image and other yocto edison image too but still there is same error.

If I'm missing the bb files ,how can I set the environment for bb files and there is already sufficient space for the compilation but it is showing as ENOSPC at last.Are there any dependencies should be installed? I have already installed sudo apt-get install build-essential git diffstat gawk chrpath texinfo libtool gcc-multilib,github,jdk java (8.0).

Please can you find me the way to get rid of this error and compile the image successfully for all the images.Thanks in advance.Please do needful.I'm pinning all the screenshots of the files in poky,build,bitbake,conf files.

Thanks and Regards,

Radhika.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IIstv
New Contributor I

What is the output of the df command?

RKasu
New Contributor I

Hi,

My df command output screenshot is pinned below.

Thanks and regards,

Radhika.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Radhika,

The "cannot watch conf/bblayers.conf files WD=-1" message that you're getting is related to the "no space left on device" error. Once you get rid of that error I believe the system will be able to read the bblayers.conf file normally. Also, did you make sure to have enough space on your computer to complete the process? Remember that you need up to 80GB so have that in mind.

Could you please share the steps you're following?

Regards,

-Pablo
IIstv
New Contributor I

The error I think is caused by the inotify system. It provides real-time notifcation of file changes by adding watches to files.

I have never met this problem when bitbaking the Yocto image, more likely, you have some other applications abusing a big number of watches.

You can increase the maximum number, but only to a limit, because it all goes from kernel memory.

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/13751/kernel-inotify-watch-limit-reached linux - Kernel inotify watch limit reached - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

As a start, you can check the present maximum with:

cat /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches

A workaround is to increase it with:

sudo sysctl fs.inotify.max_user_watches=

but it is only the sympthom. It would be safer to find what is consuming it.

(AFAIK dropbox tends to do so...)

Istvan

idata
Community Manager

Hello Radhika,

Do you have updates on this case?

Regards,

-Pablo
RKasu
New Contributor I

Hi pablo,

Yes,I can resolve the issue by completly removing and compiling the source code again.

Thanks and regards,

Radhika

idata
Community Manager

Hi Radhika,

Glad to know it's working now. Don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other issue.

Regards,

-Pablo