Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KWils2
Beginner

computeStick power specs for custom supply

Not using the wall plug provided with the device as need to build custom one for embedded use. Have tried Intel support and the higher group but they adamantly refuse to say what the input voltage range must be and what the current draw is expected in light of using USB to power remotes. Very unprofessional and weird. They suggested contacting Arrow as maybe they can tell me.

Where can I find such information?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Picking a stick at random, you can find the power requirements in the technical specification.

For example, for this stick, look on page 23, section 2.2.3. It needs 5vdc at 4a.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/computestick/STK2m3W64CC_STK... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/computestick/STK2m3W64CC_STK...

Doc

KWils2
Beginner

Thanks, Al. But the vague spec sheet you pointed to is my point. All it says is 5V input and that the supply is 5V 4A. Not enough to design a supply. 5V+-? What is the power draw under various conditions and does this include powering remote devices. All device specs show power allowable range and current draw under various conditions. Intel refuses to say but someone must know.

I need to know to design a supply within the allowed ranges of the computeStick and surely Intel should say.

AlHill
Super User

"I need to know to design a supply within the allowed ranges of the computeStick and surely Intel should say."

They did: 5v 4a.(in the example I provided)

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I would presume that the standard +/- 5% tolerance will apply as well. This is what most components support (minimally).

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello Kitch,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

This is to do a follow up on this inquiry and find out if you had further questions.

Thanks,

Esteban C