cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

does iss IOT support Win32?

Hi,

I've an old PC which runs on Windows XP.

I installed JRE1.8 for 32bit system, but the iss-iot-launcher tell me it needs JRE1.8 64bit

Is there any suggestion for Win XP?

Thanks

James

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello James,

Thanks for reaching out!

In all of the ISS IoT Edition it is not stated that it is not compatible with 32-bit devices. But according to this guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-the-intel-system-studio-iot-edition you have to install the 64-bit version of JDK. This will probably give you issues in 32-bit machines.

Nevertheless, I have never seen this particular issue, I believe this might be caused by the OS. I mean on my 64-bit machine, I had another version of JDK (not JDK 1.8) and it did let me start. It did throw the error message that is mentioned on the guide above but it indeed launched.

So, my guess is that this could be related to Windows XP (however, I do not have access to either a 32-bit machine or a XP machine to try this). Is it possible for you to try on another OS? Perhaps on a Linux virtual machine? If so, do you still see a similar issue?

Let me know.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi,Peter

Thanks for your help.

I read the guide again, maybe I need to upgrade to Win 7 or higher, because:

At now my iss-iot-launcher exits after the version checking.

I do run some 32 bit application on Win8.1-64bit system, but never success on 64bit app on XP.

Later I'll try to skip the version checking manually, to verify JRE1.8-32bit running on XP for iss.

Best Regards.

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I understand, I agree, you might be able to get better results if you upgrade to a compatible version. Please continue with your tests and keep us updated. We'll try to help you in any way we can.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello James,

Do you have any updates about this?

-Peter.
0 Kudos