Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

download file from intel edison to local system (mobile)

Hello everyone,

I have made an android application which downloads image file from provided path.

I have one image file at cd /test/image.jpeg path. and i want to download that file from my app.

But it shows the message like "file not found"

when I entered another online sample image path, it successfully downloaded the file.

may be it is because my edison has username & password, or something else may be.

my edison's details are as below:

username is : 192.168.1.6

password is : 12345678

So how should I solve this problem ?? Can anybody pls give me exact format ?

Thank you.

5 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mailto:falak.desai@yahoo.com falak.desai@yahoo.com,

How are you trying to download the image from your Edison? I'd suggest you to use the SFTP protocol since, to me it's the easiest way to transfer files. I did a quick test with the free app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=turbo.client&hl=en Turbo FTP client & SFTP client, and I had no issues with it. I know you probably needed your own app for other reasons but you can check that app to see how it works and maybe take inspiration from it.

Let us know,

Peter.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Falak,

Do you have updates on this? Have you tried with the SFTP protocol?

Regards,

Charlie

idata
Community Manager

Hi Charlie,

No I didn't get the solution. The same problem is going on.

but as of now, I have installed apache server to download files contained on my edison.

Please update me if you get any solution.

Thanks,

Falak

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

In , you can see how to implement the SFTP document through a Wi-Fi direct connection using the openssh-sftp package, why don't you check it, it might help be of help for your project.

Peter.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

I'll surely implement it and let you know about the progress..

Thanks.

Falak