cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sk23
New Contributor II

edison to edison commnication using ble and wifi

Hi ,

I want to communicate sensor data from one Edison to another Edison.

Senors may be i2c,Anlog or digital (any combination)

Scenario 1 : Bluetooth

I want to send the sensor data from one Edison to another Edison.

Scenario 2 : Wi-Fi or internet.

I want to send the sensor data from one Edison to another Edison using same Wi-fi and different network.

please share some producer for above two scenario.

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi IoT_srinivas,

So what you're saying is that you want to send data between 2 Edison boards using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, the information available for each scenario are the following:

1. For the Bluetooth communication you can look at the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005743.html Intel® Edison Bluetooth* User Guide, you will find a lot of information that can be helpful for you, I recommend you to check sections 6.7 (SPP for a virtual serial port communication) and 6.13 (FTP profile for file transfers).

2. For the Wi-Fi communication I suggest you to look at this document: /docs/DOC-109932 Wi-Fi Direct data transfer between two Intel® Edison devices through FTP, it definitely will be useful for you if you want to send data using Wi-Fi.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,

-Leonardo
sk23
New Contributor II

Hi Leonardo ,

Thank you for information.

FTP is generally used for file transfer.is there any other way like ad hoc network for Edison.

If ad hoc network is supported by Edison. Please provide the information.

Regards,

Srinivas

idata
Community Manager

Hi IoT_srinivas,

Yes, it is possible to create an ad-hoc network. I personally recommend you to look the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005916.html Wi-Fi User Guide for the Intel® Edison Platform in the Section 4.2.4, it has information about how create/connect to an ad-hoc network. You can also check the script of the Section 9.4, it can be very useful for you.

I hope this guide helps you.

Regards,

-Leonardo
RKasu
New Contributor I

Hi Leonardo,

For bluetooth connection between two edisons I have followed the steps http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005743.html Bluetooth® User Guide for the Intel® Edison Platform and able to ping,but I have the following queries ,can you please answer me..

1) I can able to ping between two edison boards but how can I send the file or even a character from one edison to other edison ??

2) Sometimes,after systemctl start connman,the edison is getting struck and few times there is an error message showing there are no .net service files of connman,why is this happening??

Thanks and Regards,

Radhika.

idata
Community Manager

Hi guys,

IoT_srinivas, was the information useful? Did you successfully create the ad-hoc network?

And Radhika, about your issues, can you answer me the following questions to help you in a better way?

1) Are you using FTP protocol or SPP protocol? If you want to send characters you have to use the SPP, and if you want to send files use the FTP.

2) Can you send me a screenshot of the error that you are getting?

I will be waiting for your answers, have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo
sk23
New Contributor II

Hi Leonardo ,

I was unable to find/debug the issue on ad-hoc network.

All details screen shoot and problem are posted on below thread.

Peter is looking for below issue.I am waiting for update/response.

i

If you get any update.It will be great help to us.

idata
Community Manager

Hi IoT_srinivas,

To avoid any confusion we will answer you in the other thread: , because you gave all the details there.

And do you still have doubts about the information that I gave you before? If you still need help just let me know.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo
RKasu
New Contributor I

Hi Leonardo,

I want to exchange data between sensor connected to one Edison to other other Edison. As FTP doesn't work on sensor ,how can I exchange data like this with the help of Bluetooth.

Is there any specific application for this? Do I use any other protocol inorder to exchange data between two sensors of different sensors.?Please do needful.

Thanks and Regards,

Radhika

idata
Community Manager

Hi Radhika,

We noticed that you opened a new thread with the same questions: , to avoid any confusion we will answer you in the other thread.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo