cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

edk2 Quark BIOS got corrupted

Hi All,

After some power cycles my edk2 Quark BIOS got corrupted with the below error.If I do power cycle also same error came.

ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Aborted)

ASSERT [VariableSmm] c:\varalaxmi\bkp\edk2_original\MdeModulePkg\Universal\Variable\RuntimeDxe\Variable.c(3637): !EFI_ERROR (Status)

I Am suspecting that NVRAM area got corrupted.Can you please tell me how to protect my BIOS env from third party softwares.

There are mechanisms in Intel® Quark™ SoC X1000 UEFI Firmware Writers Guide. I tried Protected range registers but unable to keep NVRAM area in Protected range.

Please help to write protect my BIOS firmware.Attaching the full log as well.

Regards,

Varalaxmi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Varalaxmi,

Thank you for your contacting us. The best place for you to get assistance in cases where the issue is related to the Quark X1000 is here: premiersupport.intel.com . Please open a new service ticket here so that the experts can help you with your request.

We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,

-Sergio A

idata
Community Manager

Hello Sergio,

Thanks for your response.Unable to login to the mentioned site.It is throwing below attached error

Regards,

Varalaxmi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Varalaxmi,

I've sent you a private message. The message has information on how we're going to continue to assist you. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

-Sergio A