Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

galileo gen 2 compile kernel to get usb device as serial port

Jump to solution

Hi,

I try to compile yocto kernel for intel galileo gen 2 with usb device configure as serial port (cdc acm).

In menuconfig, I add Device Drivers > USB support > USB Gadget Support > USB Gadget Drivers > Serial Gadget (with CDC ACM and CDC OBEX support).

I boot on sd card with re compile image.

With this config, usb device is well enumerate as cdc port, but nothing appear in /dev/tty*.

dmesg command produce this result (linux host usb): 

[246145.396558] usb 3-14: new high-speed USB device number 10 using xhci_hcd [246145.545669] usb 3-14: New USB device found, idVendor=0525, idProduct=a4a7 [246145.545673] usb 3-14: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0 [246145.545676] usb 3-14: Product: Gadget Serial v2.4 [246145.545679] usb 3-14: Manufacturer: Linux 4.4.26-yocto-standard with pch_udc [246145.546117] usb 3-14: can't set config #2, error -32

Should I change something in menuconfig ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Hello Jpont1, We apologize for the delay! Unfortunately, some of the changes made in the Yocto might not behave the way one would expect, and that could be the case here. One thing that you can do is to remove/disable all packages/layers for Arduino support, as I believe this makes use of the same port (USB Client) to upload sketches. That could be what is happening here. Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Hi Jpont1, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Galileo Board. Please let us look into it and we will get back to you later. Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Hello Jpont1, Could you please let us know what instructions did you follow to compile the kernel? Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Eliza,

I follow this tutorial :

https://www.nova-labs.net/building-yocto-2-2-krogoth-for-the-galileo-gen-2/

I also use these commands to compile kernel :

bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig bitbake virtual/kernel -f -c compile

Thanks for your help,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello,

I still have my problem, I had this information, I hope it could help :

dmesg from yocto :

pch_udc 0000:00:14.2: USB_RESET pch_udc 0000:00:14.2: USB_ENUM pch_udc 0000:00:14.2: ES g_serial gadget: suspend pch_udc 0000:00:14.2: USB_SUSPEND

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Hello Jpont1, We apologize for the delay! Unfortunately, some of the changes made in the Yocto might not behave the way one would expect, and that could be the case here. One thing that you can do is to remove/disable all packages/layers for Arduino support, as I believe this makes use of the same port (USB Client) to upload sketches. That could be what is happening here. Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos