Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
1,271 Views

getting one byte over UART after setting flowcontrol in MRAA Library

Hi,

We are using MRAA Library 1.3.0 for UART communication into Intel Galileo Gen 2 Board and we have found one issue like that we are getting one byte 0x13 over UART after enabling flow control using MRAA Library API which causes problem in device which is connected with that UART interface.

We have also checked with standard UART Linux APIs and we are not getting any extra byte after setting flow-control for that UART.

So, Please let me know if anyone has faced this type of issue and also let me know if it has been fixed any further release.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
13 Views

Hello Ritesh,

 

 

Thanks for reaching out!

 

 

First of all, I would like to point out that you are using an outdated version of mraa. This may or may not be the problem. So, my first suggestion is that you update mraa to the latest version (currently 1.5.1), especially considering that in the changelog of 1.5.0 there was an update to mraa's UART functionalities (as you can see in https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/blob/master/docs/changelog.md).

 

 

Secondly, I'd like to know how you discovered that Galileo is sending an extra byte over the UART bus. Do you have access to a logic analyzer? If so, could you please send us an image of the signal?

 

 

Personally, I have never faced this issue nor I have heard of anyone experiencing it. Anyhow, we'll do our best to help you.

 

-Peter.
Highlighted
Community Manager
13 Views

Hi Peter,

Thanks for Reply.

Yes. I have seen all changes logs from MRAA 1.3.0 to 1.5.1 and not found any changes regarding "extra byte issue after setting flow-control for that UART". Still, I will try with that update MRAA library and let you know result of testing with that Library.

Meanwhile, I will capture signal of that extra byte and will send image of that captured signal with updated MRAA Library if able to reproduce with that Library as welll.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
13 Views

Hi Ritesh,

 

 

You are right. I was just pointing out that there has been updates to mraa's UART capabilities, which might affect its functionalities. This doesn't necessarily mean that this specific behavior has been addressed on the update, I just mentioned it as something we could try.

 

 

Thank you for trying to capture this behavior on a picture. When you are able to capture it, could you please explain us the data you were trying to send and what actually was sent?

 

 

We'll be waiting for your response.

 

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
13 Views

Hi Ritesh,

 

 

Do you have any updates about this?

 

 

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
13 Views

Hi Peter,

Sorry for late Reply.

As I have checked same thing with standard Linux APIs instead of MRAA Library API and it's working fine without any issue. So, I might be issue of MRAA Library which we are using for our development purpose. Also, We haven't checked it yet with MRAA 1.5.1 latest library.

So, I will test same thing with MRAA Library 1.5.1 and also will send signal capture image of extra one byte while setting flowcontrol.

Let me know if you need any more informations or anything else from my side.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
13 Views

Hi Ritesh,

 

 

Right now, that information would suffice. So, please continue with your tests and let us know.

 

 

Since you mentioned that the issue does not persist if you use the Linux API directly, it might be related to mraa. So, my suggestion is that you try with the latest version of mraa and if the issue persists, submit an issue directly to mraa in https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/issues.

 

 

Let me know how it goes.

 

-Peter.
0 Kudos