Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssath2
Beginner

how to communicate 2 intel galileo gen 2 boards having same IP address

i am getting same IP address for 2 nos. intel galileo gen 2 boards. how can i communicate both boards with wifi using N6235 mini card? How can i communicate both boards with laptop having same IP address. IP address obtained thro IDE aurdino serial monitor.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi satheeshkumar,

There is no way to have an actual communication in that scenario, because it's an error, there should not be 2 devices with the same IP address.

What do you have running in each Intel Galileo Gen2 beyond the sketch you are using to get the IP address?

how can i communicate both boards with wifi using N6235 mini card?

There are several threads on wifi cards in the forum, you can search.

Please send the sketch you are using to show the IP on each card, it's easy to set a fixed IP for each of them. Or you can do it by yourself, take a look at

HTH,

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Satheeshkumar,

How exactly are you interfacing with the Galileo boards?

Are you connecting both Galileo boards to a wireless network and both are getting the same ip address? If so, the boards should be getting different ip addresses.

To connect Galileo to a wireless network please follow this guide https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/519955 https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/519955. I'd suggest to do one board at the time and confirm the network connectivity before moving to the next board.

Regards,

Octavian
idata
Community Manager

Hello Satheeshkumar,

Are you still facing this issue? Have you made any progress?

Regards,

Octavian
ssath2
Beginner

Sir

I got different IP and wifi with N6235 card is working well. please give me an example/any tutorial for communicating control signal from one of the intel galileo board to second board through wifi.

satheeshkumar

ssath2
Beginner

Sir

Individual intel boards are tested with individual wifi connections using N6235 cards. working well now. my requirement is to control the digital outputs of one intel board from another intel board through wifi. please give me procedure/links/tutorials.

satheeshkumar

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Individual intel boards are tested with individual wifi connections using N6235 cards. working well now. my requirement is to control the digital outputs of one intel board from another intel board through wifi. please give me procedure/links/tutorials.

I'd suggest you set this thread as answered and start a new one, asking for help on communication an control via wifi.

Anyway, assuming you have both Intel Galileo cards "Up&Running" with IPs:

my requirement is to control the digital outputs of one intel board from another intel board through wifi. please give me procedure/links/tutorials

should be rather "simple", but it would required some work, though. Let's call Gal1 the card from which you want to control the digital outputs at Gal2.

- In Gal1 you only need to open a socket and connect it to Gal2. It can be made with "standard" C/python/any language code, e.g. take a look at the server.c code in http://www.linuxhowtos.org/C_C++/socket.htm Linux Howtos: C/C++ -> Sockets Tutorial.

- In Gal2 you can modify almost any "server" in the Ethernet examples section so that a) wait for a client connection, b) receive data, and c) handle digital outputs

HTH,

Fernando.