cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

how to configure wifi of an image created by bitbake

hello everyone,

I've created an image with "bitbake edison-image" , which does work for many kinds of needs except for wifi.

when i executed the command "configure --wifi", the board can't find any hotspot, while in fact there are so many around.

i'm skeptical of the driver for BCM4334.

Should i recompile and redeploy the driver for wifi after bitbake? if so, how?

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Yinan,

The command you should use is "configure_edison --wifi", but you mentioned that you used "configure --wifi". Try using the other command and let us know if it works. If it doesn't, please take a screenshot of the Edison's console so we can check the error message.

Regards,

Diego
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Diego,

I'm sorry for making a problem while describing my problem.

In fact, I DID use " configure_edison --wifi " but not "configure --wifi".

After executing that command, edison started to seaching for hospot but finally found nothing.

When i tried to find modules that had been deployed, i encountered this problem.

Then i checked /lib/modules.

I believe i've found the reason for " version margin " ----the uname is not the same with this module folder.

Why the version of core is not the same with that of modules? What should i do to change the version number for modules?

Thanks for your help.

Yinan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Yinan,

Let me investigate about it to see if I'm able to find what the root of the issue is. Additionally, did you check if you have the same behavior if the Edison is flashed with the already built image?

Can you also let me know what BSP you used to build the image?

Regards,

Diego
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your advice.

Firstly, I can easily connect the Edison with hotspots when I flashed it with "Intel Edison Board Firmware Software Release 2.1".

And my own image derived from https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24910/eng/edison-src-ww18-15.tgz https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24910/eng/edison-src-ww18-15.tgz

I decompressed this .tgz file, and then restricted all my behavior to the "quick start" section from the "readme" file in the folder "meta-intel-edison", which means that i used the command "make setup" and "make edison-image ".

Have i made my problem clear for you?

Thanks for your help.

Yinan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Yinan,

Yes, thank you for the explanation.

I'll investigate about it to see if I'm able to find what the root of the issue is. I'll post an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Diego
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Yinan,

I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

I built an image using the same source files as you used (ww18), I didn't make any changes and the WiFi seems to work fine. Did you make additional changes to the image?

Regards,

Diego
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Yinan,

Do you have updates on this? Let us know if you still need help.

Regards,

Diego
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Diego,

I'm sorry to keep you waiting so long.

I tried to built an image using ww18 again, but the bug was still there...

But i've solved this problem by modifying ~/edison-src/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.10.bbappend,

with "LINUX_VERSION_EXTENSION = "-poky-edison+"" added to its tail.

Thanks for your help

Yinan

0 Kudos