Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

i has change my joule bios set to mipi video ouput,howto clear cmos?

i change my joule board bios to set video output to mipi ,default is hdmi,

when i reboot to goto bios setting gui (f2 key press ),no display in hdmi output

so ,i can not reset my bios set.

i refalsh the BIOS use "Flash.bat Joule_C0-X64-Release-161-Public_DNX.bin"

it has no effect!

10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Joule,

Thank you for contacting us. I understand that you want to flash the BIOS on your Joule device and then change the BIOS to set the video output to mipi, is this correct? First, let's start with the flashing of the BIOS.

The instructions to flash the BIOS can be found here https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-the-bios-on-joule https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-the-bios-on-joule . Follow this guide from the beginning and let us know if you're successful. If you see any errors please let us know at which point in the guide you're seeing these errors and the exact error you're receiving, you can attach pictures as well.

Make sure you meet all the requirements and are using an appropriate power supply at the moment the flashing process requires it.

Let us know your results.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

thank for reply!

flash the BIOS is successful,but i wan to change the default set hdmi output,but after reflash the bios,

it still maintain the previous bios settings;I do not mipi the monitor, I just test whether the output can be set to mipi(The oscilloscope can not see the mipi clock waveform), but now because there is no bios screen display,

can not be re-set back to the hdmi video signal output;

How to set bios to default set on no mipi screen ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi gener,

Thank you for letting us know you managed to flash the Joule's BIOS successfully.

From your latest reply I understand that you changed the BIOS to use MIPI monitor instead of the default HDMI and that now you want to go back to HDMI.

Could you please list all the steps you did at the beginning to change the BIOS to use the MIPI monitor instead of HDMI? We'd like to review the procedure. You can also share pictures of each step.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

thank for reply!

but i has no mipi monitor ,i change to mipi only for test the mipi hardware signal ,so i can not display bios on hdmi monitor now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I understand you changed the configuration of the BIOS to test the MIPI signal and that you want to use the HDMI again. Could you share the steps you did to change the BIOS to use the MIPI monitor instead of HDMI, before you changed from HDMI to MIPI?

Could you post a picture or what you see when you try to access the BIOS?

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi gener,

Thank you for attaching these pictures. We'll investigate more about this issue. We'll update the case once we have more information.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for waiting.

From the pictures you attached it looks like you can access the BIOS settings. Why do you say you can't change the settings here if you have access to the BIOS menu?

Anyway, you can also access the settings through the serial console interface, which uses the USB port as another option to get access if the HDMI port is not used. Look at https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/705676 https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/705676 for information on how to set up serial communication.

Let us know if this helps.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thank you !

yes , i use the serial console interface to reset the video output settings!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for confirming this works for you now. If you encounter any other issues don't hesitate to contact us back. Have a nice day.

-Sergio

0 Kudos