Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9872 Discussions

install packages from smart repository

idata
Community Manager

hello everyone,

I have installed smart package manager from http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32/ Alex T's repository, but I cannot download any package from there.

It always shows " -sh: smart: command not found "

So what should I do to start installing packages from there ?

1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mailto:falak.desai@yahoo.com falak.desai@yahoo.com,

I tried to look for which package you downloaded from the http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32/ AlexT's repo, so did a quick look for all packages with the word smart in it. I used the command "opkg list | grep smart". These are all the results it displayed:

perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 - perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart

python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-backend-rpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-dbg - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Debugging files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-dev - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Development files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-doc - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Documentation files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and

python-smartpm-interface-images - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-locale-de - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - de translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-es-es - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - es_ES translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-fr - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - fr translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-hu - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - hu translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-it - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - it translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-pt-br - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - pt_BR translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-ru - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - ru translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-sv - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - sv translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-cn - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_CN translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-tw - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_TW translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

So I believe that leaves us with three possibilities, perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 (which I doubt it is), python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and smartpm - 1.4.1-r9. Of those three, which one did you choose?

I personally installed the last option smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and looks to be working just fine. If you still have issues with the package, why don't you try building it from source? You can find the source in https://labix.org/smart https://labix.org/smart.

Peter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mailto:falak.desai@yahoo.com falak.desai@yahoo.com,

I tried to look for which package you downloaded from the http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32/ AlexT's repo, so did a quick look for all packages with the word smart in it. I used the command "opkg list | grep smart". These are all the results it displayed:

perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 - perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart

python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-backend-rpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-dbg - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Debugging files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-dev - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Development files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-doc - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Documentation files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and

python-smartpm-interface-images - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-locale-de - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - de translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-es-es - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - es_ES translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-fr - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - fr translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-hu - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - hu translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-it - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - it translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-pt-br - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - pt_BR translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-ru - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - ru translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-sv - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - sv translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-cn - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_CN translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-tw - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_TW translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

So I believe that leaves us with three possibilities, perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 (which I doubt it is), python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and smartpm - 1.4.1-r9. Of those three, which one did you choose?

I personally installed the last option smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and looks to be working just fine. If you still have issues with the package, why don't you try building it from source? You can find the source in https://labix.org/smart https://labix.org/smart.

Peter.