Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

install packages from smart repository

Jump to solution

hello everyone,

I have installed smart package manager from http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32/ Alex T's repository, but I cannot download any package from there.

It always shows " -sh: smart: command not found "

So what should I do to start installing packages from there ?

Accepted Solutions
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mailto:falak.desai@yahoo.com falak.desai@yahoo.com,

I tried to look for which package you downloaded from the http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32/ AlexT's repo, so did a quick look for all packages with the word smart in it. I used the command "opkg list | grep smart". These are all the results it displayed:

perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 - perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart

python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-backend-rpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-dbg - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Debugging files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-dev - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Development files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-doc - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Documentation files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and

python-smartpm-interface-images - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-locale-de - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - de translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-es-es - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - es_ES translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-fr - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - fr translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-hu - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - hu translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-it - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - it translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-pt-br - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - pt_BR translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-ru - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - ru translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-sv - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - sv translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-cn - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_CN translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-tw - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_TW translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

So I believe that leaves us with three possibilities, perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 (which I doubt it is), python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and smartpm - 1.4.1-r9. Of those three, which one did you choose?

I personally installed the last option smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and looks to be working just fine. If you still have issues with the package, why don't you try building it from source? You can find the source in https://labix.org/smart https://labix.org/smart.

Peter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mailto:falak.desai@yahoo.com falak.desai@yahoo.com,

I tried to look for which package you downloaded from the http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32/ AlexT's repo, so did a quick look for all packages with the word smart in it. I used the command "opkg list | grep smart". These are all the results it displayed:

perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 - perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart perl module pod-simple-transcodesmart

python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-backend-rpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-dbg - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Debugging files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-dev - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Development files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-doc - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - Documentation files The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and

python-smartpm-interface-images - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

python-smartpm-locale-de - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - de translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-es-es - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - es_ES translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-fr - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - fr translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-hu - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - hu translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-it - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - it translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-pt-br - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - pt_BR translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-ru - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - ru translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-sv - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - sv translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-cn - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_CN translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

python-smartpm-locale-zh-tw - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager - zh_TW translations The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable

smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 - The Smart Package Manager The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for

So I believe that leaves us with three possibilities, perl-module-pod-simple-transcodesmart - 5.20.0-r1 (which I doubt it is), python-smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and smartpm - 1.4.1-r9. Of those three, which one did you choose?

I personally installed the last option smartpm - 1.4.1-r9 and looks to be working just fine. If you still have issues with the package, why don't you try building it from source? You can find the source in https://labix.org/smart https://labix.org/smart.

Peter.

View solution in original post