Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
준김3
Beginner

intel edison kit for Arduino to create a server and access from external network

I am using intel edison kit for Arduino and I am using intel XDK as a development tool. I want to make a server of edison that can access anytime and anywhere using wifi wireless router. So I opened the 4242 port using intel XDK. However, in the internal network, it is possible to connect to port 4242, but it is impossible to connect to the external network. You can only connect to the port providing intel device information from the external network, and you can not connect to port 4242.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi jun,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please let me know which Edison image you are using? Also, if you are running any XDK Web server sample application. I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

준김3
Beginner

Hello Yermi A,

thank you for your reply.

I am using edison-image-from-src-package-ww25.5-15 image.

When you assign an IP address to edison, you can access it in the same network as edison.

However, connection from external network is impossible.

We would appreciate any help on how to connect from an external network.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Jun,

This has to be done by configuring port-forwarding in the router. There are several tutorials about this and Arduino. That information can be used as well with Edison. This is a brief explanation about what this is about: https://startingelectronics.org/tutorials/arduino/connecting-arduino-to-internet/ https://startingelectronics.org/tutorials/arduino/connecting-arduino-to-internet/.

Additionally, you can take a look at this other links for more information:

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

준김3
Beginner

Hello Yermi A,

First, I would like to thank you for your help.

I read a website with links.

After that, I connected to the server that manages the wifi router,set up DDNS, and then port forwarded.

In the end, the problem was resolved neatly.

I hope you have a good day

-Junki