cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lwang52
Beginner

intel galileo gen2 board with Accelstepper library

Jump to solution

hi, when I use Accelstepper library to do the stepper motor, the motor does no any response. but I can use this library in the Arduino UNO. why the intel galileo gen2 board cannot uppot library.anyone has some ideals and some new library...thanks so much.

1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello celia_0614,

There are Arduino libraries that have been written based on the Arduino board architecture. Those libraries won't work for Galileo. Even though they compile on the Arduino IDE, their architecture is different, so they are not compatible with Galileo. My suggestion for you would be to write your own library based on the stepper's functionality. You could base your new library on the AccelStepper library for Arduino UNO.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello celia_0614,

There are Arduino libraries that have been written based on the Arduino board architecture. Those libraries won't work for Galileo. Even though they compile on the Arduino IDE, their architecture is different, so they are not compatible with Galileo. My suggestion for you would be to write your own library based on the stepper's functionality. You could base your new library on the AccelStepper library for Arduino UNO.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

lwang52
Beginner

thanks so much...I will try it.

AOliv17
New Contributor I

EDIT:

When charging the accelerometer library mma7361 and compiling generates the following error.

C: \ Users \ Antonio \ Documents \ Arduino \ libraries \ AcceleroMMA7361 \ AcceleroMMA7361.cpp: 406: 44: error: 'square' was not declared in this scope

Other standard libraries compile normally. servo.h, ethernet.h, etc ...

When I switch to GalileoGen2 board to Arduino, the compilation does not generate errors. Could anyone help?

Installed intel Galileo IDE 1.6.0 64-bit Windows

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Galileo_BR,

I've just posted a suggestion in your other thread, please check it:

Regards,

Diego.