Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMont11
New Contributor I

libstdc++.so.6: version install not found

I am trying to use the praat tool on my Intel Edison, but the only library that is giving me is a problem is the libstdc++.so.6. The exact problem is that the tool requires a newer version of the library, specifically /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found. Is there any way that I can install this version specifically. When I do strings to check which versions are available, the only one that seems to be missing is 3.4.21. These are the versions that are available.

GLIBCXX_3.4 

GLIBCXX_3.4.1

GLIBCXX_3.4.2

GLIBCXX_3.4.3

GLIBCXX_3.4.4

GLIBCXX_3.4.5

GLIBCXX_3.4.6

GLIBCXX_3.4.7

GLIBCXX_3.4.8

GLIBCXX_3.4.9

GLIBCXX_3.4.10

GLIBCXX_3.4.11

GLIBCXX_3.4.12

GLIBCXX_3.4.13

GLIBCXX_3.4.14

GLIBCXX_3.4.15

GLIBCXX_3.4.16

GLIBCXX_3.4.17

GLIBCXX_3.4.18

GLIBCXX_3.4.19

GLIBCXX_3.4.20

GLIBC_2.3

GLIBC_2.0

GLIBC_2.1

GLIBC_2.17

GLIBC_2.1.3

GLIBC_2.3.2

GLIBC_2.2</...
7 Replies
AMont11
New Contributor I

Currently I looked up what gcc is on the Edison and the 4.9.1 is what is up to date with opkg. Although when I look on the gcc site, the newest one is 5.3. How can I install the newest version of gcc on the Edison ?

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would like to know more information about this in order to try to replicate the same environment.

How are you installing the Praat Tool?

Did you install libstdc++6 with opkg from the AlexT's repo?

In order to install this GCC version, I suggest you to look at this: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/gcc.html GCC-5.3.0

Regards,

Charlie

AMont11
New Contributor I

The Praat tool I downloaded directly form the praat website and sftp'd it to the Edison. No installation per say required. http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/praat/ Praat: doing Phonetics by Computer

yes I believe I did install it with AlexT repo. But I thought the library comes with GCC. I have looked at different examples, it seems that the version of the libstdc++6 only comes with newer version of gcc which opkg says the up to date now is 4.9.1, however that is not the case.

Regards,

Admir M.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Admir,

Do you have updates on this?

I would like to know if you tried to install a newer gcc version.

Also, are you using a Linux machine? Did you run strings on the libstdc++6 on the PC? If you have on your PC the .so with GLIBCXX that you need you can try to add the module (and replace it) in /usr/lib of your board.

Please let me know if you have some updates on this

Regards,

Charlie

AMont11
New Contributor I

Hi CMata_Intel,

I am currently running the make on the Edison. It will take a while since when I ran the first time it ran but when I did make install I didn't have any space left. I am making it again but in specified location where I will have enough space to make install. gcc 5.3 does come with a newer libstdc++6 so the newer version that I want is included. But if you can do that, how could one send the module of the newer version to the edison? I checked the version of newer version on ubuntu.

How can I access the version of the library individually?

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Admir,

I tried it by installing libstdc++6 using a Ubuntu machine then I send the .so.6 to the Edison but this didn't work due to a lot of conflicts between the gcc versions and builds.

Were you able to run make install successfully?

Did you re-size the partitions of the image?

Regards,

Charlie

AMont11
New Contributor I

Hi CMata_Intel,

I was able to install gcc 5.3 on the edison successfully. I am now looking to point the libstd to the newer version of libstd that was installed with the newer gcc. I was able to install gcc on a local folder that I made in home which I increased the size with an sd by using fstab.

I hope this will work with the praat tool since I now have all the libraries that I need.

Thanks

Admir