cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalla3
Novice

mics_vz_89t Air Quality sensor I2C

Hello,

Anybody as ever tried to connect ( with success ;-) an mics_vz_89t air quality sensor ( 3.3v I2C ) with an Edison + Sparkfun I2C Block ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Daniel

4 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello dallanic,

All sensors and shields verified to work with Galileo/Edison can be found in http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-035257.htm Shield Testing Report for Intel® Galileo Board and Intel® Edison Board. I suggest you to look for your sensor there.

Peter.

dalla3
Novice

Hello Peter,

Thanks, I already checked ;-) Nothing in it and that document is not updated since a year .....

Regards

Daniel

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Well then, I haven't heard of anyone that has tried to use a mics_vz_89t with Edison. It uses I2C, which is an interface supported by Edison. So, the Edison Arduino Expansion Board should be compatible with it, you just have to change IOREF to 3.3v using J8. In case of the Mini Breakout Board, you will have to use a level translator in order to use it.

Either way the sensor should be compatible with your board, nevertheless you will have to test it yourself.

Peter.

dalla3
Novice

Peter,

Read again my first message, I do not use an Arduino Expansion Board. Why use Intel Edison , if I need to refer to Arduino. Maybe Arduino is a better solution than Intel Edison ?

My message is explicitly talking about the Sparkfun I2C Edison block. I am using it because the size factor is much more appropriate to the Edison size.

Don't say the sensor shoudl be compatible, it is not ( Working fine with a Raspberry PI, by the way....).

Consider this thread closed and solved

Please, excuse my english. English is not my language.

Regards

Daniell