cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

mraa, arduino pin 7, and wifi

Jump to solution

The http://iotdk.intel.com/docs/master/mraa/edison.html doc mentions the following, "Arduino pin 7 can sometimes negatively impact the WiFi capability, if using WiFi avoid using this pin"

Is there more details to why is that the case? Our current design is maxing out the current I/O pins on Adruino and is trying to avoiding to add a GPIO expander if possible.

Cheers,

Steven

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hello,

This issue has been reported some time ago. Please check the following thread:

It should be fixed in future releases, but right now there are no updates about it.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

One of the http://download.intel.com/support/edison/sb/edisonbsp_rn_332032007.pdf old BSP's release notes had something about this -- under Unresolved Issues, EDISON-2326 says "SSH slow after GPIO 48 is exported." The Arduino board's digital pin 7 maps to GP48 on the Edison.

I have not seen EDISON-2326 show up under either "Resolved Issues" or "Unresolved Issues" in any of the more recent BSP release notes; it just sort of disappeared. I don't know if they fixed it and the mraa docs are out of date, or if it's still there. I also never saw any explanation of why the state of that one GPIO pin should impact network functionality.

Highlighted
Employee

Hello,

This issue has been reported some time ago. Please check the following thread:

It should be fixed in future releases, but right now there are no updates about it.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi, the wifi communication is over AT commands? or how you setup wifi communication?

Judlup!
Highlighted
Super User

@johnabrahamuniv Your post, however, is not cool.  You are a spammer.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)