Did you mean: 
IForu1
Honored Contributor I

new blog post: Using Intel® Galileo as access point

5 Replies
AuliaF
Black Belt

Hi Matthias,

Great article, I'm follow the instruction and it's working, I have some question

1. how to limit device number that connect to galileo?
  2. Can we share internet on LAN to WiFi AP?

Thanks

Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

ForumMigrationAdmin wrote:

Hi Matthias,

Great article, I'm follow the instruction and it's working, I have some question

1. how to limit device number that connect to galileo?
  2. Can we share internet on LAN to WiFi AP?

Thanks

@1: tbh I don't know - I'd recommend asking this question e.g. at connman IRC (see links on https://01.org/connman https://01.org/connman); alternatively check the documentation coming with the source code or even the source code

@2: sure - that's what I described in the blog

DPose
New Contributor II

Hey Matthias ( mhahn ) could you look at my comment on the blog post referenced above? There is a broken link crucial to getting tethering to work and since my efforts to get P2P working have been unsuccessful , setting up the Galileo as an access point seems to be my only alternative. Our application actually lives in an environment where broadband access is non-existent. Narrow-band access is provided via the PSTN. It is essentially a sensor monitoring and process control package. It's management interface is provided via a web portal running on the galileo. A technician walks up to the unit and connects with a tablet/phone/whatever and makes configuration changes, runs diags etc. So I need a way to make that happen without a separate network of any kind. Wifi Direct would be perfect but I've had no joy so far getting that to work. Your blog may get me off the rocks and back into navigable waters.

Thanx,

Dallas

Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

xthunderheartx wrote:

Hey Matthias ( mhahn ) could you look at my comment on the blog post referenced above? T

Dallas

Done, thanks for pointing out!

Good luck!

DPose
New Contributor II

Thanx. Actually tethering is enabled on the latest IOTDK release image but I can't seem to build a load that works with eclipse on that one. Previous version seems to work but connman complains tethering disable. Catch-22.