I've updated my graphics driver to allow remote access (& a virtual display) when not connected to an HDMI, but I am unable to pass any audio through my TV.
T24C550 (Intel SST Audio Device WDM)
- I see audio levels in the "device management" tabs, but nothing makes it to the TV.
- I've run Intel's Update Utility, but it does not find any updates to apply; I'm up to date.
- I've attempted to update the driver through the control panel -> audio devices menus; I'm up to date.
- for what it's worth, I've successfully run audio through a ChromeCast which is in the other HDMI port of the display
thanks for any efforts.
Could you please provided me with the following information;
thanks for staying with it - I hadn't had any time to mess around with it...
Apparently the (2) HDMI ports on my "Samsung T24C550ND" handle the Compute Stick (& google's Chromecast) differently.
- HDMI1 will not pass audio on either device (although it will pass audio though the TV speakers for a laptop, etc. connected via a cable)
- HDMI2 (Samsung's DMA default for this TV model) *will* pass audio on the Compute Stick (& google's Chromecast.)
...For what it's worth, I use "Splashtop" remote software on ipad and Android platforms. With the Compute Stick connected to a different TV, I have experienced the Compute Stick passing audio to, both, the TV speakers & the remote device controlling it (ipad.)
Seems like it's a Samsung problem.
Thank you for coming back.
Now, I just want to know; have you provided this information to Samsung? This is in case they have some reports or possible workarounds.
On my Samsung TVs that I use as computer monitors, there is a setting that at first glance, allows you to configure the "name" of the HDMI port, selected from a list. What I found out is the selection of a "name" also affects other settings (eg, overscan). If your TV has settings for the "name" of the HDMI port, try some changes.
Thanks again, everyone.
I didn't have any advanced display choices on this model. I noticed a screen refresh when i toggled between HDMI / HDMI PC in the "name" section within the input menu. I also tried a "sound reset" & a reboot of the ComputeStick. Unfortunately no change as of yet...
I'll contact Samsung - but THANKS AGAIN for the input!