Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

no audio HDMI (stk1aw32sc)

I've updated my graphics driver to allow remote access (& a virtual display) when not connected to an HDMI, but I am unable to pass any audio through my TV.

display:

samsung ~22"

audio:

T24C550 (Intel SST Audio Device WDM)

- I see audio levels in the "device management" tabs, but nothing makes it to the TV.

- I've run Intel's Update Utility, but it does not find any updates to apply; I'm up to date.

- I've attempted to update the driver through the control panel -> audio devices menus; I'm up to date.

- for what it's worth, I've successfully run audio through a ChromeCast which is in the other HDMI port of the display

any ideas?

thanks for any efforts.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, go2car:

Could you please provided me with the following information;

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, go2car:

Were you able to track this down? Are you able to pass audio? If not the case, reply with the information requested above.

Regards,

Amy.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Amy,

thanks for staying with it - I hadn't had any time to mess around with it...

Apparently the (2) HDMI ports on my "Samsung T24C550ND" handle the Compute Stick (& google's Chromecast) differently.

- HDMI1 will not pass audio on either device (although it will pass audio though the TV speakers for a laptop, etc. connected via a cable)

- HDMI2 (Samsung's DMA default for this TV model) *will* pass audio on the Compute Stick (& google's Chromecast.)

...For what it's worth, I use "Splashtop" remote software on ipad and Android platforms. With the Compute Stick connected to a different TV, I have experienced the Compute Stick passing audio to, both, the TV speakers & the remote device controlling it (ipad.)

Seems like it's a Samsung problem.

Thanks again!

jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for coming back.

Now, I just want to know; have you provided this information to Samsung? This is in case they have some reports or possible workarounds.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

On my Samsung TVs that I use as computer monitors, there is a setting that at first glance, allows you to configure the "name" of the HDMI port, selected from a list. What I found out is the selection of a "name" also affects other settings (eg, overscan). If your TV has settings for the "name" of the HDMI port, try some changes.

Highlighted
Community Manager

DeanGibson, thank you for joining, let's hope that your input can help go2car.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks again, everyone.

I didn't have any advanced display choices on this model. I noticed a screen refresh when i toggled between HDMI / HDMI PC in the "name" section within the input menu. I also tried a "sound reset" & a reboot of the ComputeStick. Unfortunately no change as of yet...

I'll contact Samsung - but THANKS AGAIN for the input!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I will keep an eye on you thread, so please keep me posted

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos